Government of Tamil Nadu has invited applications for the recruitment of 185 Civil Judges in the Tamil Nadu State Judicial Service to be made by Direct Recruitment.
Name of the Post & Number of Vacancies
Civil Judge: 185 vacancies
- Opening date for sending application: 21 January 2012
- Last date for sending application: 20 February 2012 up to 5.45 pm
- Date for written examination: 24 March 2012 and 25 March 2012
- Fresh Law Graduates: Must have Bachelor's Degree in Law from any recognized University in India with minimum 50% marks (45% for reserved categories) and should be eligible to be enrolled or enrolled as an advocate.
- Practising Advocates/ Pleaders and Assistant Public Prosecutors: Must have Bachelor's Degree in Law from any recognized University in India AND must be practising as an Advocate or Pleader in the High Court or Courts Subordinate thereto and must have so practised for not less than 3 years OR Must be an Assistant Public Prosecutor having not less than 3 years of experience as an Advocate and/ or Assistant Public Prosecutor.
Age Limit (as on 1 February 2012):
- Fresh Law Graduates: Minimum 22 years; Maximum 27 years
- Practising Advocates/ Pleaders and Assistant Public Prosecutors: Minimum 25 years; Maximum 35 years
Application Fee: A crossed Demand Draft, for Rs 200 for General and OBC category candidate, drawn in favour of The Registrar General, High Court of Madras, payable at Chennai.
Selection Procedure: The selection will be made in two successive stages i.e., (i) Written Examination and (ii) Viva-Voce. The final selection will be made on the basis of the total marks obtained by the candidates at the Written Examination and Viva-Voce taken together subject to the rule of reservation of appointments.
How to Apply: The filled-in applications along with Demand Draft towards Examination Fee (other than exempted candidates) and all the enclosures mentioned hereinabove should reach the office of the Principal Secretary to Government, Home Department, Fort St. George, Chennai-600 009 before the last date.
For more details, please CLICK HERE