JEE: Study Notes and Important Questions - Theory of equations
Get all important concepts and formulae related to Theory of equations for JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2019. About 1-2 questions have always been asked from this chapter in the examination. These notes are in very concise form and can be used for quick revision.
Theory of equations is one of the most important chapters in the syllabus of JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2019. Students always get 1-2 questions from this chapter in the exam. Here, we are providing quick revision notes including important concepts, formulae and previous years’ solved questions of Theory of equations. Previous years’ questions will help students to know about the topics which are repeatedly asked in the exam. In these notes, students can study the topics given below:
- General form of quadratic equation,
- Roots of quadratic equation,
- Relation between roots and coefficient of quadratic equation,
- Discriminant of quadratic equation,
- Conditions for nature of roots using discriminant,
- Conditions for minimum and maximum value of parabola,
- Conditions for minimum and maximum value of a parabola
The concept given in these notes is in very concise form and can be used for revision before the examination.
Some previous year solved questions are given below: