Q. I am always confused about what should I do when I get the question paper in my hands while taking the exam. Can you help me with any good advice?
This is a common problem among all students that they get bewildered about what to do first after getting the exam paper, especially in the board exams. They just read the question paper out of anxiety due to which they are unable to understand the questions properly. Hence, they waste their reading time. Thus, every student must chalk out a strategy that they have to follow in the examination hall before they start writing the answers.
To solve this problem, we discussed with the exam experts, teachers and students, and came up with a very effective set of actions. Each student must follow these actions/suggestions to utilise their question paper reading time in the best way so as to secure high marks in their exams. These immediate actions involve:
- Calm down to tell your brain that everything is fine and normal and not to get stressed or anxious. It’s just an exam like the others you have crossed years before.
- Firstly, check the question paper wholly for the missing questions or pages if any and let the examinee know about the same.
- Next, you need to fill in the asked details like roll number or anything else required, on the question paper. Most of the students out of stress and hurry, forget to write in the necessary information on the question paper.
- Board is going to provide 20 minutes for reading the questions. These 20 minutes are meant to take a thorough reading of the question paper and prepare the strategy to attempt all sections of the paper. So read the question paper calmly.
- Prioritise the questions to which you know the answers quite well. These questions should be attempted first and then you can try the other questions which seem tough or complex to you.
- You will be given 1.5 hours to complete the paper. So, before you start solving the paper, allocate sufficient time to each section and then question. You have to keep sticking to this time limit while solving each question in the exam. This will help you complete the paper on time.
- Lastly, another important thing while preparing the strategy to write the exam is that you can write the important formulas and equations which you will be using later. Sometimes, while writing the answer, so many things are swirling through your mind that you tend to forget the exact formulas or terms used in the answer.
Thus, all these suggestions are enough to be followed while preparing the exam writing technique in the initial few minutes. This will help you write your exam more effectively and perfectly.