SSC CGL and CHSL exam are among the most sought government exams. Managing time for them is also a challenge for many of the aspirants. ‘Time’ is the essential resource for clearing such competitive exams as emulation in SSC is increasing exponentially every year. Practicing as much is the key to crack this exam and this requires a lot of time every day for each subject.
Often, candidates are failing to manage 8-10 hours a day for SSC studies and suffer from anxiety, depression, and over-confidence. This results in wait for the next attempt. There are various blogs, forums, and coaching institutes which emphasizes on the understanding of daily activities for perusal.
Regularity as per the timetable depends upon the structuring of feasible schedule. It is found that most of the students use to make unpractical routine for the day. SSC daily routine should be dedicated to learn and practice new things on every topic while not hindering your personal life. Timetable should be compatible with work and life. Therefore, in this article, we have prepared the daily routine suggested by the successful candidates.
Time: 5:00 AM
- Wake up and be cheerful for the day.
Time: 5:15 AM to 5:45 AM
- Drink water in plenty for improving digestion.
- Exercise and meditate for energizing the mind & body thoroughly. It will increase alertness and blood flow to your mind and relief from stress. Eradicating stress physically and mentally enhances your productivity.
Time: 5:45 AM to 6:00 AM
- Brush your teeth.
- Go for toilet and fresh your body.
Above activity is important because, “Sound mind lives in a sound body.”
Time: 6:00 AM to 6:30 AM
- Take a shower.
- Go for the heavy breakfast, as it is the main source of energy throughout the day.
Time: 6:30 AM to 8:30 AM
- Go for General awareness revision, it will help you in evaluating and matching what you have studied yesterday. Sustain this habit throughout the preparation, as General knowledge does not require any further attention.
- Read daily newspaper, preferably The Hindu, The Times of India. It will help you to understand about all the tits and bits of writing which will assist you in Tier-3 exam.
Time: 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM
- Go for studying English Language and Comprehension because it is the best subject to prepare just after General knowledge.
- Prefer standard books for it that includes Objective General English- RS Aggarwal, Objective General English by SP Bakshi- Arihant Publications, Common errors in English- Kiran Prakashan, Norman Lewis books on Vocabulary, word power made easy and Idioms and phrases for SSC CGL- Arihant Publications.
- Study concept wise. First, choose any concept and then try easy questions. After that, Medium level questions and then the toughest ones.
Time: 11:00 AM to 12:00 Noon
- Relax and take a break from study to refresh your mind and body.
- Involve yourself in mind relaxing activities.
- Do not think about topics, tricks, and concepts in this time slot.
Time: 12:00 Noon to 1:00 PM
- Go for Lunch and keep it light. Pick the items enriched in proteins, which will give you proper nourishment and energy for the entire day.
- After lunch, walk for 20 minutes.
- After walking, prepare yourself for next study session.
Time: 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Allocate this time slot for Quantitative Aptitude section. It is the most important section as it consumes a lot of time and requires speed and accuracy to answer any questions.
- Always study chapter wise and segregate each chapter into concepts. Then practice questions ranging from easiest to the toughest.
- Refer Quantitative Aptitude- RS Aggarwal, Fast Track- Rajesh Verma, Quicker Maths- M Tyra, Quantum CAT Aptitude- Sarvesh K Verma, and Advanced Maths for SSC- Paramount and lastly SSC Advanced Maths- K Kundan for Aptitude Preparation.
- Solve all problem sets framed in these books. It is advisable to prepare deadline for each chapter and plan for it accordingly.
Time: 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Involve in Sports and Physical activities. It is preferred that you should opt indoor activities like Table tennis, Gyming, etc. If possible, then go for Outdoor.
Time: 5:00 PM to 5:30 PM
- Take a bath to clean after the physical activities.
Time: 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM
- Allot this time for General reasoning and intelligence section.
- Refer Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning- RS Aggarwal and Analytical Reasoning- MK Pandey. These are very good books as concepts are clearly stated in it along with the questions.
- Study it in the similar fashion as for above stated subjects.
Time: 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Take your test of the studied materials throughout the day and previous year question papers are the best instrument to judge your learning and grasping capabilities.
- Do not underestimate the previous year question papers as SSC used to put the same kind of question repeatedly in the exams for several entries.
- Solve last year papers as per your choice, preference, and convenience.
- Refer Kiran’s book of previous year paper and this book is necessary to purchase.
Time: 9:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Go for Dinner comprising of fruits and green vegetables. Avoid heavy dinner like consumption of carbohydrates.
- After Dinner, Devote the remaining time for watching news on TV and your favourite TV-Series.
Time: 10 PM
- It is the ideal time to go to sleep.
Follow the above timetable accordingly, to get maximum results. This may work for some candidates and not for other candidates. Every SSC aspirant has his own study way and associated goals to achieve. Therefore, to attain your goal, you can make changes appropriately.
All the Best!