UPSC CDS 1 2022 Recruitment Notification: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has started the application process through online for the candidates who want to appear in Combined Defence Services Exam I 2022 (CDS 1 2022) on upsconline.nic.in. The last date for submitting UPSC CDS 1 2022 Application is 11 January 2022.
A total of 341 vacancies are available under Indian Military Academy (IMA) Dehradun, Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimal , Air Force Academy Hyderabad, Officers’ Training Academy Chennai (Madras) and Officers Training Academy, Chennai for 31st SSC Women. Aspirants would be able to apply online upto 11 January 2022 on UPSC Online Website () and appear for the written exam scheduled on 10 April 2022 (Sunday).
Candidates seeking to apply for the UPSC CDS 1 2022 should possess a degree in relevant field. The detailed eligibility criteria is given in this article below.
The exam will be held at various centres across the country. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination.
Those who qualify in the exam shall be called for Intelligence and Personality Test at the Service Selection Board (SSB). The candidates who clear the written exam and given their first choice as army (IMA/OTA) are required to register themselves on the recruiting directorate website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in in order to enable them to receive call up information for SSB Interview. Those candidates who have already registered on the recruiting directorate website are advised not to register again.
UPSC CDS 2022 Important Dates
|UPSC CDS 1 2022 Event||Dates|
|UPSC CDS 1 Notification Date 2022||22 December 2021|
|UPSC CDS 1 Application Dates 2022||22 December 2021 to 11 January 2022|
|UPSC CDS Application Withdrawn Dates||18 to 24 January 2022|
|UPSC CDS 1 Exam Date 2022||10 April 2022|
|UPSC CDS 1 Admit Card Date 2022||in the month of March 2022|
|UPSC CDS 1 Interview Date 2022||to be released|
UPSC CDS 1 2022 Vacancy Details
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun—154th (DE) Course commencing in January, 2023 [including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders] - 100
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala—Course commencing in January, 2023 Executive Branch (General Service)/Hydro [including 03 vacancies for NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Naval Wing through NCC Special Entry ) holders ] - 22
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad—(Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in January, 2023 i.e. No. 213 F(P) Course. [including 03 vacancies are reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Air Wing) holders through NCC Spl. Entry] - 32
- Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)— 117th SSC (Men) (NT) (UPSC) Course commencing in April, 2023 - 170
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) 31st SSC Women (NT) (UPSC) Course commencing in April, 2023 - 17
UPSC CDS Eligibility Criteria
Educational/Technical Qualification & Experience:
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy - Candidates should have a Degree from a recognised University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy - Candidates should have a Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.
- For Air Force Academy - Candidates should have a Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
- Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of Graduation/provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
- Candidates who are studying in the final year/semester Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided candidate should not have any present backlog upto the last semester / year for which results have been declared upto the time of submission of application.
Selection Process for UPSC CDS 1 2022
Eligible candidates will be called for:
- Written Examination
- Intelligence and Personality Test
UPSC CDS Exam Pattern:
- For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy: There will be objective type MCQs on English, GK and Elementary Maths. Each subject will be of 100 marks and 2 hours will be provided for every subject. The standard of the papers in Elementary Mathematics will be of Matriculation level and other subjects expected of a graduate of an Indian University.
- For Admission to Officer Training Academy: Unlike INA, IMA and AFA, there will be questions on English and GK only. Both subjects will be of 100 Marks. 2 hours will be given to each subject. Questions will be expected of a graduate level of an Indian University.
There will be Negative Marking for wrong answers
UPSC CDS Admit Card 2022
The admit card is expected in the second week or third week of March on official website of UPSC.
How to Apply for UPSC CDS Recruitment 2022 ?
Online Applications are invited on the official site of UPSC at upsc.gov.in from 22 December 2022 to 11 January 2022.
No Fee for Female/SC/ST candidates