Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) declared IAS Prelims (Civil Services Preliminary) 2013 result on 2 August 2013. IAS Prelims exam was conducted on 26 May 2013. The successful candidates in the IAS Prelims have to appear at the main written examination. The main written exam will be conducted by UPSC from 1 December 2013. Last date of receiving application by UPSC for IAS main written exam is 18 September 2013.
First time UPSC had conducted prelims for Indian Forest Service Exam in 2013. The exam was conducted together with IAS Prelims. Same exam papers were given to test both candidates of IAS and Indian Forest Service Exam prelims. Important information has been given below for those, who qualified for main written exam through IAS Prelims (CSP Prelims):
• In accordance with the Rules of the Examination, candidates, who qualified in the preliminary have to apply again in the Detailed Application Form DAF (CSM), for IAS (CS) Main Examination 2013.
• All the qualified candidates are advised to fill up the DAF (CSM) and submit the same ONLINE for admission to the IAS (Civil Services Main Examination 2013.
• IAS main written examination will be start from 1 December 2013.
• The DAF (CSM) will be available on the UPSC website from 20 August 2013 till 11.59 PM on 10 September 2013.
• The candidates who have been declared successful have to first get themselves registered on the relevant page of the website before filling up the ONLINE Detailed Application Form.
• The qualified candidates are further advised to refer to the Rules of the Civil Services Examination, 2013 published in the gazette of India (Extraordinary) of Department of Personnel and Training notification.
• After submitting the DAF (CSM) duly filled in ONLINE, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted DAF (CSM) separately and will have to send the printed copy of the DAF (CSM) duly signed by candidates along with all relevant documents including the prescribed fees, wherever applicable as enclosures.