UPSC EPFO Exam General Science Study Material 2021: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has postponed EPFO 2021 Exam and will release the new exam dates on its official website - upsc.gov.in. The written Exam will be conducted in offline mode across different exam centres for recruitment to 421 posts of Enforcement Officer/ Accounts Officer in Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO), M/o Labour and Employment.
The Recruitment Test (RT) will be an Offline Exam (Pen & Paper Based) consisting of Objective Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs):
UPSC EPFO Phase-1
Total Marks/ Duration
Recruitment Test (Offline)
(a) General English – To evaluate candidate’s understanding of English language and workman – like use of words
(c) Current Events and Developmental Issues
(g) General Science and
(h) General Mental Ability & Quantitative Aptitude
- a) The test will be of two hours duration.
- b) All questions will carry equal marks.
- c) The test will be objective type questions with multiple choices of answer.
- d) The medium of the test will be both Hindi and English.
- e) 1/3rd marks will be deducted for wrong answers.
- f) PwD candidates shall be allowed compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour in the RT and facility of Scribe
UPSC EPFO 2021 Exam - Important General Science Topics
Here are some important topics from the General Science Subject of UPSC EPFO 2021 Exam:
Biology- Important and Interesting facts about human body parts, Nutrition in Animals and Plants, Diseases and their causes like Bacteria;
Physics - S.I. units, Motion, Sound, Light, Wave, Energy, Electricity;
Chemistry - Chemical Properties of Substance and their uses, Chemical Name of Important substances like Plaster of Paris, etc., Chemical Change and Physical Change, Properties of Gases, Surface Chemistry, Chemistry in Everyday life; Daily Science
UPSC EPFO 2021 Exam - Important Questions for General Science
Below are some important questions covering the main concepts of General Science:
1. Which one of the following materials is not diamagnetic at Standard Temperature and Pressure (STP)?
(b) Sodium chloride
2. Which one of the following gases has the highest solubility in water?
(c) Carbon dioxide
3. Bleaching powder contains
4. What is the causal agent of Chikungunya?
(a) Non-chiorophyllous bacterium
5. Bio-remediation is a technology that is being extensively utilized in controlling
(a) global warming
(b) melting of glaciers
(c) ozone depletion
(d) heavy metal pollutions
6. Beauty of some historical monuments is greatly affected by the growth of certain living organisms. These living organisms belong to which one of the following groups?
(a) Amphibious plants
7. Which one of the following has the characteristics of both an animal as well as a plant?
8. In order to save the stored food grains from insects, farmers usually mix with them
(a) Neem leaves
(b) Mango leaves
(c) Peepal leaves
(d) Orange leaves
9. The term ‘Carbon footprint’ means
(a) A region which is rich in coal mines
(b) The amount of reduction in the emission of CO2 by a country
(c) The use of Carbon in manufacturing industries
(d) The amount of greenhouse gases produced by our day-to-day activities
10. In the study of pollution, SPM refers to
(a) Sulphur Phosphorus Matter
(b) Sulphur Particulate Matter
(c) Solid Particulate Matter
(d) Suspended Particulate Matter