A combined competitive examination for recruitment to Grade IV of the Services (Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Service) will be held by the Union Public Service Commission in accordance with the Rules published by the Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation in the Gazette of India.
Name of the Post & Number of Vacancies
- Indian Economic Service: 19 vacancies
- Indian Statistical Service: 46 vacancies
The examination shall be conducted according to the following Plan:
- Written examination carrying a maximum of 1000 marks in the following subjects.
- Viva voce of such candidates as may be called by the Commission, carrying a maximum of 200 marks.
Indian Economic Service (IES) Written Exam:
- General English (100 marks, 3 hours)
- General Studies (100 marks, 3 hours)
- General Economics- I (200 marks, 3 hours)
- General Economics- II (200 marks, 3 hours)
- General Economics- III (200 marks, 3 hours)
- Indian Economics (200 marks, 3 hours)
General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on Indian Polity including the political system and the Constitution of India, History of India and Geography of a nature which the candidate should be able to answer without special study.