It is often recommended that you should read a good newspaper everyday in order to get through any government exam or banking exam. It helps you in knowing the current affairs in detail along with the fact that it helps you in grasping and strengthening your English language skills as well. Both these sections are there in any banking examination. The Hindu is considered the most appropriate newspaper for any serious aspirant of any government exam, banking exams included. In this article, we shall see the reasons why this is recommended to every candidate.
Is there any Bond Period in SBI PO?
The Hindu: Your Pathway to success in Bank Exams
The Hindu is a good newspaper, no doubt, but why it is called as mandatory to succeed in banking exams. Is it that much necessary and if yes, why so? Let us find out
- The news is no-nonsense: While reading a newspaper, you need to keep in mind that not every news article is important from the point of view of an examination. You need to choose the relevant ones. Well, if you are a Hindu reader, you will find most of the articles is very much necessary for aspirants.
- Very nice coverage of any topic: It is not important to only know the name of a famous person or an important event only, but you need to know these things in great detail these days. You never know which information will be asked from you in the exam. The Hindu gives you a complete coverage of any topic that is of importance for your exam.
- Language is very good: The language used in the newspaper is Standard English and that is why you should read it all the more. It serves the purpose of learning vocabulary as well. You may not have the time to read something in English separately before the exam, this will help you in revising and enriching your vocabulary.
- Saves the time to select topics: The newspaper is very comprehensive for bank exams and you are spared the trouble of selecting the important and relevant topics from the not so relevant and important ones.
Benefits of watching reruns of your favourite TV shows for Bank Exam Preparation
- Your English preparation is taken care of: This is an added advantage to the fact that your current affairs preparation is done as well. You are preparing two subjects with a single material.
- Very good editorials: Editorials in the newspaper are very good regarding forming of opinions and therefore, help you in your descriptive test preparation since most of the bank exams have introduced descriptive tests these days in the recruitment process along with Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
The Hindu is a very good and standard newspaper in the aren a of English dailies in India but the problem lies in the fact that it is not readily available everywhere. You need to subscribe online in that case but do not miss out on The Hindu as it will help you a lot in your journey from an aspirant to a successful banker in future
All the best!!
How to prepare for SBI PO exam 2018 along with full-time job?
Salary of Bank Employees after 11th bipartite Settlement
RBI Assistant or Bank PO: Which one to go for?