A compilation of all the important topics and events of the week is given here. Update your Current Affairs Weekly with our World This Week.
10 October 2011
• India and Japan Agreed to Cooperate in the Field of Tourism and Infrastructure.
• Spanish researchers discovered a rare mollusce in Antarctic waters.
• India and the Czech Republic Set the Trade Target of 2 Billion US Dollars by 2012.
• India took over as the Chairman of UN South Asian Regional Commission for Tourism.
• World Mental Health Day observed with the theme, The Great Push: Investing in Mental Health.
11 October 2011
• European Union launched a Visa Information System for Indians and other non-EU Citizens.
• Myanmar announced an Amnesty for More than 6300 Prisoners.
• India and South Africa Signed a Pact on Election Management and Administration.
• Ukraine’s former prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko was sentenced to 7 years in prison on charges of abuse of office in signing a gas deal with Russia in 2009.
12 October 2011
• China became Russia’s biggest trading partner: bilateral trade reached 50.8 billion US Dollars.
13 October 2011
• World’s First Drug was Created by the Scientists to Prevent Blindness from Cataracts.
14 October 2011
• India and United States agreed to Explore New Models for Educational Institutions.
15 October 2011
• India and UK agreed to Work towards the MoU in Areas Related to Urban Development.
16 October 2011
• Andy Murray retained his Shanghai Masters title by defeating David Ferrer 7-5 6-4.
• Red Bull sealed the constructors’ title at the Korean Grand Prix as the team driver Sebastian Vettel clinched the title.
• World Food Day observed with the theme- Food Prices – From Crisis to Stability.
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .