A compilation of all the important topics and events of the week is given here. Update your Current Affairs Weekly with our World This Week.
19 December 2011
• As per the Charities Aid Foundation’s World Giving Index, Thailand was ranked as the most generous nation in terms of donating charity.
20 December 2011
• Jacob E. Goldman, a founder of the Palo Alto Research Center (PARC) that developed breakthrough computing innovations died.
• UN Security Council extended mandate of UN political mission in Burundi.
• Morocco banned EU fishing vessels operating in its waters.
21 December 2011
• Pakistan defeated Bangladesh by seven wickets in the second and final cricket Test in Dhaka and thus swept the series 2-0
• Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences chose Apple co-founder Steve Jobs to be posthumously honoured with a Grammy award for his contribution to music technology.
• Iran's former Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Wilayati on 21 December 2011 released a 1000-year-old manuscript, Nahjul Balagha.
• CSTO (Collective Security Treaty Organisation) agreed to tighten rules for opening extra-regional Military Bases in its Territory.
22 December 2011
• Scientists found link between biological clock and sugar metabolism.
23 December 2011
• The US government lifted most of its sanctions on Libya.
24 December 2011
• The Memory Gene Npas4 was found by the Neuroscientists.
25 December 2011
• Taufik Hidayat defeated Sourabh Verma of India at the 2011 $120,000 Syed Modi India Open Grand Prix Gold badminton championship.
• Genetic tests developed by Scientists to detect Breast Cancer.
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .