A compilation of all the important topics and events of the week is given here. Update your Current Affairs Weekly with our World This Week.
• India signed DTAA and a pact on ITC with Estonia.
• NASA'S WISE Mission captured black hole's wildly flaring jet.
• Australia under the captaincy of skipper Michael Clarke won the Test series against Sri Lanka 1-0 with the the conclusion of the second test match.
• Former Afghan President Burhanuddin Rabbani was killed by a suicide bomber killed in Kabul.
• Scientists stated that the two powerful collisions with a dwarf galaxy in the past two billion years was the cause of the spiral arm structure of the Milky Way.
• India-Zimbabwe agreed to expedite the ratification process of BIPA.
• DDB bagged the Network of the Year trophy at the Spikes Asia Advertising Festival in Singapore.
• Former England all-rounder cricketer Dominic Cork announced his retirement from cricket at the age of 40.
• WikiLeaks founder founder Julian Assange’s unauthorised autobiography was released by publishers Canongate.
• India South Africa agreed to strengthen bilateral cooperation in the MSME.
• India and Nepal resumed dialogue after a gap of four years in Kathmandu.
• India renewed its support to the Palestine bid for the UN membership.
• Kenyan Patrick shattered the world men's marathon record by 21 seconds when he clocked two hours three minutes 38 seconds in Berlin course.
• Kenyan environmentalist & Nobel laureate Wangari Maathai died.
• Red Bull driver Sebastian Vettel of Germany won the Singapore Formula One Grand Prix on the Marina Bay City Circuit in Singapore
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .