A compilation of all the important topics and events of the week is given here. Update your Current Affairs Weekly with our World This Week.
26 September 2011
• India and China held their first strategic Economic Dialogue in Beijing.
27 September 2011
• India and Myanmar agreed to set 3 billion US dollars as trade target.
• World Tourism Day (WTD) observed
• Indian kabaddi team lifted its first-ever Circle Style Asian kabaddi title by defeating arch-rivals Pakistan 53-38 at Tabriz in Iran
28 September 2011
• G-4 countries pledged to work together for reforms in the UN Security Council.
• International Billiards & Snooker Federation (IBSF) shifted the venue for IBSF World Men's Snooker Championship from Bahrain to Bangalore.
29 September 2011
• China Successfully Launched its First Unmanned Space laboratory Tiangong-1.
• German Parliament approved expanded European Union bailout fund.
30 September 2011
• The Portuguese High Court cancelled the extradition of Under World Don Abu Salem.
• CAG appointed as external auditor of two major UN organisations, International Atomic Energy Agency & World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO)
1 October 2011
• Scientists discovered genetic factors in frogs that make it immune to the fungal disease Chytridiomycosis.
2 October 2011
• European Scientists reported particles apparently travelling faster than light.
Preparing Current Affairs for Competitive Exams now made easy by our Jagran Josh Current Affairs Section. .