Andhra Pradesh to be declared ODF by March 2018
The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, N Chandrababu Naidu announced that the state will be declared ODF by March 2018.
This was announced during a Collectors’ Conference in Vijayawada, as a part of the Swachhata Hi Seva Campaign.
Cleanliness Drive in the Other States
• In Madhya Pradesh, over 2 Lakh toilet pits were dug on 17 September with the intention of turning them into at least one lakh toilets by 2 October.
• In Maharashtra, the focus has mainly been on Shramdaan.
• In Jammu and Kashmir, the administration and common people joined together to clean their respective areas.
• In Mizoram, the cleanliness drive was carried out in important and iconic places along with solid and liquid management activities.
• Solid and Liquid Resource Management was also the key focus in Chhattisgarh.
• On the other hand, Rajasthan undertook SwachhtaChitran – a campaign where Block level officers, motivators and masons, took to the streets to paint on public walls, water tanks and other such public spaces.
• In Uttarakhand, to create awareness among the community members, Swachhta Raths along with nukkad nataks were launched.
• In Punjab, the cleanliness drives gained momentum with major activities being undertaken including cleaning of drains, cremation places, ponds, roads.
• The main focus in Jharkhand was on IHHL pit digging and conducting cleanliness drives at school, village, street, community place, religious place, jail and Anganwadi centres and sanitation pledge at the block level and village level.
• In Telangana, mass construction of toilets was initiated.
About Swachhata Hi Seva
It is a pan India campaign, which was launched on 15 September and will conclude on 2 October 2017.
It calls upon all citizens across the country to participate actively through shramdaan for the cause of swachhata.