BB King: Google honours 'King of The Blues' by Doodle on his 94th birth anniversary
BB King Google Doodle: BB King was perhaps the most recognizable name of Blues music. A Google Doodle honoured the BB King on his 94th birth anniversary. BB King was also known as "King of the Blues."
BB King has been remembered by Google through a video. It shows the iconic singer holding a guitar. In 1925, King was born near a town called Itta Bena, Mississippi. He started his recording career in 1949 and gave his first hit 'Three A Clock Blues'. His most popular classic pieces were 'The Thrill Is Gone' and 'Every Day I Have the Blues'.
BB King Google Doodle
Today’s Google Doodle has been illustrated by Little Rock-based guest artist Steve Spencer and animated by Brooklyn-based guest animator Nayeli Lavanderos.
Awards and Recognitions
• BB King was awarded the Grammy Award 15 times for outstanding performance
• Blues musician BB King is considered one of the most remarkable musicians of all time and won the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in the year 1987.
• America could not escape the King's magic and got a chance to perform in the White House too. By the year 1956, he had performed in 342 shows.
• Not only this, when BB King was 70 years old, he used to be part of an average of 200 concerts every year.
• A feature documentary titled “B.B. King: The Life of Riley” was released on October 2012 on the life of King.
About BB King
• BB King was born in the year 1925 in Mississippi. He was very much inclined towards music from the very beginning.
• He began his career playing guitar by the roadside. He was attracted to the Pentecostal Church of God in Christ because of its music.
• BB King started his own band ‘B.B. King Review’, under the leadership of Millard Lee. BB King Review initially consisted of Calvin Owens and Kenneth Sands (trumpet).
• He became popular with his radio station job and slowly grabbed recognition. People started calling him 'Beale Street Blues Boy'. This name was too long to speak, so slowly people started calling him BB.
• He died on May 14, 2015, in his sleep.