Current Affairs Quiz: 22 November 2019
22 November 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Arundhati Swarna Yojana, Global Terrorism Index and pink ball test match among others.
1. Which state has announced to launch ‘Arundhati Swarna Yojana’ in January 2020?
b) West Bengal
2. Which country’s environmental scientists have agreed to work with India to tackle Delhi's air pollution?
3. Which state‘s Law Commission has submitted a report to the government to make laws against forced conversion?
a) Uttar Pradesh
d) West Bengal
4. Which place does India have in the recently released Global Terrorism Index?
5. Which state recently announced a ban on sale & storage of single-use plastic from January 1, 2020?
a) Tamil nadu
6. Which country recently approved sale of 13 MK45 Naval guns to India?
7. Which nation rejected China’s offer to build islands and retained its ties with Taiwan?
a) Burkina Faso
b) Sao Tome and Principe,
8. Who among the following has been charged with corruption in three separate cases?
a) Hassan Rouhani
b) Benjamin Netanyahu
c) Emmanuel Macron
d) Boris Johnson
9. Which cricket stadium hosted India’s first-ever pink ball day/ night test match against Bangladesh?
a) Eden Gardens
b) Arun Jaitley Stadium
c) Wankhede Stadium
d) DY Patil Stadium
10. Who referred the Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill to a select committee?
b) Rajya Sabha
c) Lok Sabha
d) None of the above
1. (d) Assam
Assam Government recently announced to launch the ‘Arundhati Swarna Yojana’ on January 1, 2020. Under the Yojana, the state government will award a fixed amount to a beneficiary bride to buy 10 grams gold during her marriage, only if the marriage is registered.
2. (a) Britain
Air quality experts from the University of Manchester have joined hands with Indian Ministry of Earth Sciences, Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology and Indian Institute of Technology-Madras to tackle Delhi’s air pollution.
3. (a) Uttar Pradesh
The State Law Commission of Uttar Pradesh has submitted a draft report to the government. As per the draft, seven years of jail term has been recommended for marrying for conversion. It is said in the draft that if someone had adopted another religion but he wants to return to his old religion again, he can. It will not be considered as forceful conversion.
4. (c) Seventh
India is at the seventh place in the list of 10 countries affected by terrorism. The list released by Forbes said that 350 people died and 540 were injured in 748 terror attacks in the year 2018.
5. (c) Kerala
Kerala State Cabinet recently announced to ban the sale and storage of single-use plastic items from January 1, 2020. These single-use plastic items would be plastic bags, plastic sheets, disposable plastic plates & cups and thermocol.
6. (c) USA
USA approved sale of 13 MK45 Naval guns to India at an estimated cost of USD 1.0210 billion. MK-45 Gun System will enable the Indian Navy to carry out anti-air defence missions and anti-surface warfare.
7. (d) Tuvalu
Tuvalu, a tiny South Pacific nation has rejected China’s offer to build artificial islands and decided to retain its ties with Taiwan. Several Chinese firms had offered to build artificial islands to help the nation deal with rising sea levels, which the nation turned down calling them as attempts to reduce Taiwan’s influence in the region.
8. (b) Benjamin Netanyahu
Israel’s PM Benjamin Netanyahu has been charged with corruption in three separate cases relating to bribery, fraud and breach of trust. Netanyahu is alleged to have received gifts from wealthy businessmen.
9. (a) Eden Gardens
India played its first-ever pink ball test match on November 22, 2019 against Bangladesh at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata.
10. (b) Rajya Sabha
The Rajya Sabha has sought modifications in certain provisions of the Surrogacy Regulation Bill that propose a 5-year waiting period and allow only close relatives to be the surrogate mother. The bill has been referred to a select committee.