Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal launches Green Delhi app
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched the Green Delhi mobile application on October 29, 2020. The app can be used by citizens to bring pollution causing activities to the government's notice.
The Chief Minister stated that the Delhi government wants to involve everyone in the fight against air pollution in Delhi-NCR, as no big change can be achieved without the support of the people.
The Green Delhi mobile application can be downloaded from Google Play Store.
Green Delhi App
• The Green Delhi app aims to keep a check on rising air pollution in Delhi and bring pollution-causing activities to the state government's notice.
• People will be able to use the Green Delhi app to inform the government regarding complaints related to burning waste, industrial pollution and dust in the National Capital.
• The app will be based on photo and video complaint. The citizens can click photos or make videos of pollution causing activities such as burning of garbage, industrial pollution and dust and upload them on the application.
• The application will then use the pictures and videos to identify the location and the complaint will be automatically forwarded to the concerned department for time-bound redressal.
• The Delhi government has prepared strict timelines for each type of complaint received on the application.
• All concerned departments will be connected with the app and the complaints received on the app will be directedly sent to the concerned department. They will be required to post a picture after the complaint is addressed.
• In case the complaints are not resolved in time, strict action will be taken against the concerned officer.
Delhi's Air Quality
Delhi's Air Quality deteriorated further early morning on October 28, 2020 with the rise of pollutants in the atmosphere.
The Air Quality Index of the National Capital remained in the poor category, as per Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) data.
Delhi's Environment Minister Gopal Rai held a review meeting on October 27, 2020 on the grievance redressal process related to the Green Delhi app with the concerned officials from different departments.
Nodal officers of Environment Department, Revenue Department, Municipal Corporation of Delhi and New Delhi Municipal Council attended the review meeting along with the Nodal officers of Delhi Development Authority, Public Works Department, Delhi Fire Service, Delhi Police and National Highways Authority of India.