How to vote without voter ID card: Fifth Phase of Lok Sabha Elections-2019
Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections-2019 has been started on May 06, 2019. If a voter don’t have voter ID card he/she must know how to vote. Election Commission of India (ECI) provides facility to cast vote without voter ID but voters name must enrol in the list. Having a Voter ID Card doesn’t mean that you will definitely be allowed to vote, it is essential that your name should appear in the electoral rolls.
If voter’s name is present on the electoral roll and carrying an identification document prescribed by the ECI (the Voter ID card or any other acceptable document), will be eligible to vote. One of the following 11 specified photo identity documents is required for casting your vote:
- Driving licence
- Service identity cards with photograph issued to employees by central/state govt./PSU/public limited company
- Passbook with photograph issued by a state bank or post office
- PAN card
- Smart card issued by RGI under NPR
- MNREGA job card
- Health Insurance smart card issued under the scheme of Ministry of Labour
- Pension document with photograph
- Official identity cards issued to MPs/MLAs/MLCs, etc.
- Aadhaar card
New Voter ID Cards
Earlier voter ID cards were simple black & white laminated plastic cards but now issued a plastic card. This card contains one’s passport size picture, date of birth, and the address. It also has a serial number, a hologram sticker and stamped signature of the issuing authority. It can be used as general identity, address, and age proof for various purposes.
How to vote at Polling Booth
- First polling official will check your name on the voter list and check your ID proof.
- Second polling official will ink your finger, give you a slip and take your signature on a register (Form 17A).
- You will have to deposit the slip at the third polling official and show your inked finger and then proceed to the polling booth.
- Record your vote by pressing the ballot button opposite the symbol of the candidate of your choice on the Electronic Voting Machine (EVM); You will hear a beep sound.
- Check the slip that appears in the transparent window of the VVPAT machine. The slip with the Candidate serial No., Name and Symbol shall be visible for 7 seconds before it drops in the sealed VVPAT box.
- You can press NOTA, None of the Above, if you don't like any candidate; it's the last button on the EVM.
- Mobile phones, cameras or any other gadget is not allowed inside a polling booth.