Madhya Pradesh to implement Ayushman Bharat Yojana
The Ayushman Bharat Yojana under the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Swasthya Suraksha Mission will be implemented in Madhya Pradesh from August 15 this year.
The state government has signed a MoU with the National Health Agency for the implementation of the scheme.
Under the Ayushman Bharat Yojana, an annual health security cover worth Rs 5 lakh will be provided to each family.
The benefit of the scheme will be given in cashless form through government and private hospitals.
Overall, a total of 84 lakh families of the state’s deprived section have been included in the scheme on the basis of socio-economic caste census.
The scheme will help reduce out of pocket medical treatment expenses of citizens.
The estimated expenditure for the implementation of the yojana is over Rs 1600 crore at the rate of Rs 1200 per family.
The expense will be shared between the central and state government.
While the central government will provide an amount worth Rs 600 crore in the form of a grant-in-aid, around Rs 400 crore will be provided by the state.
It is a National Health Protection Scheme, which will cover over 10 crore poor and vulnerable families (approximately 50 crore beneficiaries) providing coverage up to Rs 5 lakh per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalisation.
• The scheme will have a defined benefit cover of Rs. 5 lakh per family per year.
• There will be no cap on family size and age under the scheme.
• The cover will take care of almost all secondary care and tertiary care procedures.
• The benefits cover will also include pre and post-hospitalisation expenses. All pre-existing conditions will be covered from day one of the policy.
• A defined transport allowance per hospitalization will also be paid to the beneficiary.
• The scheme will also allow the beneficiary to take cashless benefits from any public or private empanelled hospitals across the country.
• The scheme aims to target over 10 crore families belonging to poor and vulnerable population based on the 2011 Socio-Economic and Caste Census database.