Top Current Affairs Quiz: 1 July 2019
1 July 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as RBI’s new Deputy Director, Vijay Shankar injury and National Doctor’s Day 2019 theme among others.
1. Who has been recently re-appointed as RBI’s Deputy Director?
a) NS Viswanathan
b) RP Verma
c) SP Chaudhary
d) KK Shankar
2. Which cricketer is likely to replace injured Vijay Shankar in Indian World Cup Squad?
a) Navdeep Saini
b) Ishant Sharma
c) Mayank Agarwal
d) Ambati Rayudu
3. What is the name of bollywood actress who recently decided to quit bollywood due to religious reasons?
b) Katrina Kaif
c) Zaira Wasim
d) Alia Bhatt
4. Which nation’s cricket team ended India’s unbeaten streak in World Cup 2019 by beating them by 31 runs?
a) New Zealand
c) South Africa
5. Which state has launched a campaign to eradicate Encephalitis disease?
c) Uttar Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
6. Which nation has resumed commercial hunt of whales?
b) South Korea
c) North Korea
7. Which among the following players made his world cup debut during India vs England World Cup 2019 match?
a) Rishabh Pant
b) Mohammed Shami
c) Vijay Shankar
d) Mayank Agarwal
8. How many pilgrims were flagged off from Pahalgam camp on first day of Amarnath Yatra?
9. What is the theme of National Doctor’s Day 2019?
a) Don’t attack doctors, Doctors are genius
b) Stop violence against doctors
c) Say no to violence against doctors
d) Zero tolerance to violence against doctors
10. On what date National CA Day is celebrated every year?
a) 1 July
b) 2 July
c) 3 July
d) 4 July
1. (a)NS Viswanathan
The Appointment Commitments of the Cabinet has approved the re-appointment of NS Viswanathan as Deputy Governor of RBI for a period of one year with effect from 4 July. Earlier on June 24, RBI Deputy Governor Viral Acharya resigned six months before the scheduled end of his term to return to New York University.
2. (c) Mayank Agarwal
Indian all-rounder Vijay Shankar has been ruled out of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 due to toe injury. Mayank Agarwal set to be brought to England to replace Shankar in the Indian squad.
3. (c) Zaira Wasim
Zaira Wasim, Dangal fame actress, announced her decision of quitting Bollywood and acting career. Zaira Wasim released a statement on Twitter and Facebook that reads she no longer wants to be a part of the bollywood as it drove her away from her ‘imaan’ and her relation from religion.
4. (b) England
England ended India's unbeaten streak by defeating the men-in-blue by 31 runs. England after batting first had set a formidable tall chase for India, 338 runs in 50 overs.
5. (c) Uttar Pradesh
A large scale campaign to eradicate deadly Acute Encephalitis Syndrome and Japanese Encephalitis disease was launched in Uttar Pradesh on July 1, 2019.
6. (d) Japan
Japan has resumed its commercial hunt for whales. Whaling ships have already set sail from Japanese ports for the first commercial hunt in decades. This comes after Japan’s recent withdrawal from the International Whaling Commission.
7. (a) Rishabh Pant
Rishabh Pant made his world cup debut during India’s title clash against England on June 30 at Edgbaston in Birmingham. Pant replaced Vijay Shankar in India’s playing XI, after Shankar was ruled out of the match due to toe injury.
8. (b) 1183
In Pahalgam camp batch 1046 male, 130 female and 7 children were included, total number of pilgrims were 1183. However, From Baltal camp 793 male, 203 female, 10 children and 44 Sadhus were included.
9. (d) Zero tolerance to violence against doctors
Doctor’s Day celebrated every year in India on July 1st. Theme of Doctor’s Day 2019 is “Zero tolerance to violence against doctors and clinical establishment”. Indian Medical Association announces the theme every year.
10. (a) 1 July
Charted Accountants Day (CA Day) is celebrated on 1st July every year to commemorate the finding of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) by the parliament of India. ICAI is also the second biggest accounting organization in the world.