Top Current Affairs Quiz: 16 October 2019
16 October 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as IMF Report, Sports Shinyuu Maitri and Booker Prize 2019 among others.
1. How many matches in international cricket Mithali Raj has won as Indian women team’s captain?
2. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has reduced India's GDP growth forecast for the year 2019-20 from 7 percent to what percentage?
a. 6.9 percent
b. 6.1 percent
c. 6.8 percent
d. 6.5 percent
3. What is the rank of India in Global Hunger Index 2019?
4. Who among the following has won Booker Prize 2019?
a. Margret Atwood
b. Nilima Riddhi
c. Jenifer Williamson
d. Pedro Roberto
5. How many PCOs to be established in the Kashmir region to improve phone connectivity in the area?
Also Read | Top Current Affairs Quiz: 15 October 2019
6. Which scheme was recently launched by FSSAI on the occasion of World Food Day?
a. Food Quality Scheme
b. Health and Food Relation Scheme
c. Food Supply Gram
d. Food Safety Mitra
7. Who has been recently selected as president of Indian Pharmaceutical Alliance?
a. Jatin Prasad
b. Vivek Tomar
c. Satish Reddy
d. Arjun Patel
8. India and which country is organizing a joint military exercise ‘Shinyuu Maitri’?
9. Who has been recently appointed as new law secretary?
a. Anoop Kumar Mendiratta
b. Abhijit Banerjee
c. Dev Patel Sahay
d. Vivek Goyal
10. Which Indian Armed Forces recently organized the Sangam Youth Festival?
a. Indian Air Force
b. Indian Military
c. Indian Navy
d. Para Military Force
1. (a) 100
Mithali Raj has achieved this feat after winning the ODI series 3–0 against South Africa. Mithali Raj has captained 167 matches. She is only the second female captain to win 100 matches in women's cricket after England's Charlett Edwards.
2. (b) 6.1 percent
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has reduced global economic growth forecast to 3 percent during 2019-20. IMF estimated India’s GDP growth for the year 2019-20 to 6.1 percent.
3. (c) 102
India is ranked 102 in the Global Hunger Index of 117 countries. Its aim is to save the world from the food crisis and improve the quality of existing food production. It also helps to know about the policies issued by various governments around the world.
4. (a) Margret Atwood
The Booker Prize for the year 2019 has been given jointly to Margaret Atwood and Bernardine Evaristo. Canada’s 79-year-old Atwood won this prize for her novel ‘The Testament’ while Bernardine Evaristo was selected for her work ‘Girl, Women and Other.’ Evaristo is the first black women winner of this award.
5. (b) 50
Jammu and Kashmir government has announced to set up 50 PCOs to provide free of cost phone facility in Kashmir region. These PCOs will be set up by BSNL and people will be able to talk from these designated places at no charge.
6. (d) Food Safety Mitra
Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Dr Harsh Vardhan launched Food Safety Mitra Scheme to engage motivated individuals with the food safety ecosystem at ground level. He also launched Eat Right Jacket and Eat Right Jhola.
7. (c) Satish Reddy
Dr. Reddy's Chairman K.K. Satish Reddy has been appointed as the new President of the Indian Pharmaceutical Alliance for 2019-21. Panacea Biotec Limited’s MD will continue as Vice President.
8. (d) Japan
Japan and India are jointly organizing ‘Shinyuu Maitri’ military exercise to extend bilateral relations. Japanese Air Force’s C2 aircraft, air crew and observers are participating in this exercise. The Indian Air Force is taking part in this exercise along with C17 and N-32 aircraft, air crew and observers.
9. (a) Anoop Kumar Mendiratta
Serving District and Sessions Judge Anoop Kumar Mendiratta was appointed as Union Law Secretary. He has been appointed till 30 March 2023 on a contractual basis.
10. (b) Indian Military
The Indian Army organized Sangam Youth Festival at Bhaderwah in Jammu and Kashmir. About 1500 students of 32 different colleges and universities participated in the Sangam Youth Festival held in Jammu and Kashmir.