Top Current Affairs Quiz: 17 October 2019
17 October 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as World Poverty Day, Golden Shoe Award and Odd-Even scheme among others.
1. What percentage of growth was recorded in the recently concluded Livestock Census in India as compared to the year 2012?
a. 4.63 percent
b. 3.96 percent
c. 2.34 percent
d. 1.71 percent
2. When International Day for the Eradication of Poverty is observed?
a. 16 October
b. 17 October
c. 18 October
d. 19 October
3. Which of the following footballer has won this year's Golden Shoe title?
a. Harry Ken
b. Cristiano Ronaldo
c. Vergil Van
d. Lionel Messi
4. From how many days the Supreme Court was hearing the case of Ayodhya land dispute?
Also Read | Top Current Affairs Quiz: 16 October 2019
5. How much fine has recently imposed on SBM Bank (India) by the Reserve Bank of India?
a. 5 cr
b. 4 cr
c. 6 cr
d. 3 cr
6. How many UAE players have been suspended by the ICC recently on corruption charges?
7. Which scheme has been launched by the Central Government to encourage girl students to pursue STEM education?
a. Jyoti Anand Yojana
b. Vigyan Jyoti Yojana
c. Naari Kalyan Yojana
8. Which of the following actress has made a world record of getting more than 1 million followers on Instagram in 5 hours 16 minutes?
a. Priyanka Chopra
b. Kylie Minogue
c. Sandra Bullock
d. Jennifer Aniston
9. Which Chief Minister of an Indian state has recently biked 122 kilometres to promote adventure tourism in his state?
a. Jaganmohan Reddy
b. Arvind Kejriwal
c. Pema Khandu
d. Nitish Kumar
10. Which State/UT Chief Minister has announced the Odd-Even scheme to curb pollution starting from November 4 to 15?
1. (a) 4.63 percent
The livestock population in India has increased by 4.63% from 512 million to 535 million. UP has recorded as the highest number of livestock at 67.8 million. In India 192 million Cattle and 109 million buffalos are present.
2. (b) 17 October
The main objective of this day is to create awareness about the efforts being made to eradicate poverty from the world community. The International Poverty Eradication Day was announced by the United Nations on 22 October 1992.
3. (d) Lionel Messi
Argentine footballer Lionel Messi was awarded the Golden Shoe Award for the sixth time for scoring 36 goals for Barcelona. He is the first player to win this award for three consecutive years.
4. (a) 40
The Supreme Court has kept its verdict reserved after completion of Ayodhya Case hearing. The final verdict will come after 23 days. The Supreme Court heard the Ram Janmabhoomi and Babri Masjid case on 16 October 2019 which was the 40th day of the case.
5. (d) 3 cr
This penalty has been imposed on SBM Bank (India) for not complying with the regulatory rules. SBM Bank (Mauritius) has been merged with SBM Bank (India).
6. (a) 3
The ICC has accused national team batsman Sheman Anwar, Captain Mohammad Naveed and right-arm fast bowler Qadir Ahmed. Another cricketer Mehrdip Chhayakar, who took part in cricket through the Ajman League, has been accused of refusing to cooperate to the ICC.
7. (b) Vigyan Jyoti Yojana
Through this scheme, 100 girls from 550 districts will be trained by the year 2020-2025. The qualified students will be chosen according to their marks in the exams. Girls from class 9 to 12 will be included under this scheme.
8. (d) Jennifer Aniston
More than one million people started following Jennifer Aniston’s Instagram account in 5 hours 16 minutes. She joined Instagram on October 16 and shared her first picture on the account.
9. (c) Pema Khandu
The chief minister of Arunachal Pradesh Pema Khandu rode a motorcycle for more than 122 kilometres to promote adventure tourism in his state. He also gave a message through this trip that Arunachal Pradesh is the safest place for biking.
10. (b) Delhi
Chief Minister of Delhi Arvind Kejriwal announced that vehicles carrying school children (in uniform) will be exempted from the Odd-Even restrictions in Delhi that will kick in from November 4 to 15. Women who drive alone, or with a child up to 12 years old will also be exempted.
Also Read | Current Affairs in Short: 16 October 2019