Top Current Affairs Quiz: 18 September 2019
18 September 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Oscar nomination, Ayodhya dispute hearing and Tokyo Olympics 2020 among others.
1. Which Indian documentary has been nominated for the Oscars?
a) Roar of the Lion
b) Lady Tiger
c) Wild Karnataka
d) Moti Bagh
2. The Supreme Court has set which date as the deadline to conclude the hearings in Ayodhya land dispute case?
a) September 30th
b) October 18th
c) October 20th
d) November 1st
3. ISRO has signed MoU with which organization to procure critical technologies for Human Space Mission?
4. Which nation’s lawmakers have urged President Trump to reinstate India's preferred trade status?
5. Which region has been renamed as the ‘Kalyana Karnataka’ recently?
a) Hyderabad-Karnataka Region
b) Mumbai-Karnataka Region
c) Panaji Karnataka Region
d) Amaravati Karnataka Region
6. Who among the following recently became the first Indian wrestler to qualify for the Tokyo Olympics 2020?
a) Yogeshwar Dutt
b) Vinesh Phogat
c) Sushil Kumar
d) Sakshi Malik
7. Who recently became India’s first woman officer to be posted as a military diplomat at Moscow in Russia?
a) Sandhya Suri
b) Kiran Shekhawat
c) Anjali Singh
d) Samridhi Singh
8. The scientists of Botanical Survey of India have discovered two new species of ginger in which state?
9. Solomon Islands has ended its political relations recently with which country?
10. How much interest will be credited by EPFO for the year 2018-19 in 6 cr accounts?
1. (d) Moti Bagh
Moti Bagh, a documentary based on the life of an Uttarakhand farmer Vidyadutt has been nominated for the Oscars. The documentary film has been directed by Nirmal Chander. The film shows how the 83-year-old struggles to keep his farm alive and till the uninhabited hilly lands.
2. (b) October 18th
The Supreme Court has set the deadline for the conclusion of hearings in the Ram janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid title dispute as October 18. The constitution bench hearing the Ayodhya dispute is headed by CJI Ranjan Gogoi, who is set to retire on November 17, 2019 so the verdict has to be delivered before then or the case will be heard afresh with a new judge in place of Justice Gogoi.
3. (d) DRDO
ISRO has signed an agreement with DRDOto develop human-centric systems for the Human Space Mission to demonstrate India’s human space flight capabilities. DRDO will be providing critical technologies to ISRO such as space crew health monitoring and emergency survival kit, space food and parachutes for the crew module’s safe recovery.
4. (a) US
Forty US lawmakers have urged US President Donald Trump to reinstate India's preferential trade treatment under GSP programme. The lawmakers stated that the withdrawal of India's preferential trade status has resulted in retaliatory tariffs from India, which are hurting the US industry.
5. (a) Hyderabad-Karnataka Region
Karnataka Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa recently announced that Hyderabad-Karnataka Region has been renamed as Kalyana Karnataka Region that comprises six districts of Karnataka: Koppal, Ballari, Bidar, Kalaburagi, Yadgir and Raichur.
6. (b) Vinesh Phogat
Vinesh Phogat recently became the first Indian wrestler to qualify for 2020 Tokyo Olympics after defeating world number one Sarah Ann Hildebrandt in the ongoing World Wrestling Championship in Kazakhstan.
7. (c) Anjali Singh
Anjali Singh has become India’s first woman officer to be posted as military diplomat “Deputy Naval Attache” at Moscow in Russia.
8. (a) Nagaland
Scientists have recently found two new species of ginger in Nagaland. These two new species are - Zingiber perenense and Zingiber dimapurense. A detailed report about both discoveries was published in a journal.
9. (b) Taiwan
The Soloman Islands has decided to end its diplomatic relations with Taiwan. Now, only 16 countries are maintaining their diplomatic relations with Taiwan.
10. (a) 8.65%
Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has announced to credit 8.65% of interest to more than 6 crore subscribers for the period of 2018-19. As per the announcement by Labour Minister Santosh Gangwar, the money will be credited to the bank account of the EPFO subscribers.