Top Current Affairs Quiz: 19 February 2019
19 February 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as India, Morocco MoUs, National Cyber Forensic Lab and emergency response number among others.
1. India has signed a MoU to set up a joint working group on counter terrorism with which nation?
2. India and Argentina signed how many Memorandums of Understanding during the state visit of Argentine President Mauricio Macri to India?
3. Which among the following nations is not among those the External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will be visiting on her three nation tour from February 16-19, 2019?
4. The citizens in distress can dial which number to get immediate access to emergency services?
5. Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the first-ever diesel to electric converted locomotive twin engine in which city?
6. The National Cyber Forensic Lab has been inaugurated in which city?
d) New Delhi
7. Which nation has set up a committee to discuss reforming constitution?
b) Sri Lanka
c) United States
8. The All Indian Cine Workers Association has announced a total ban on artists belonging to which nation?
b) Sri Lanka
9. Renowned climate scientist Wallace Smith Broecker passed away in New York on February 18, 2019. He had popularised which among the following terms?
a) Climate Change
c) Global Warming
d) Ozone Layer
10. Which state’s government has withdrawn security cover of separatist leaders?
b) Jammu and Kashmir
d) Uttar Pradesh
1. (b) Morocco
India and Morocco on February 18, 2019 signed four MoUs following extensive talks between External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and her Moroccan counterpart Nasser Bourita in Rabat. The agreements include setting up of joint working group on counter terrorism, cooperation in housing and human settlement, reciprocal facilitation of procedures for issue of business visa and cooperation in youth matters.
2. (d) Ten
India and Argentina released a Joint Statement on February 18, 2019 after extensive talks between Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the President of the Argentine Republic, Mauricio Macri, who is on a state visit to India from February 17-19, 2019. Following the extensive talks, ten Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) were signed between the two nations.
3. (b) Venezuela
The Indian External Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj is currently on a 4-day three nation tour to Bulgaria, Morocco and Spain from February 16-19, 2019, as a part of India's efforts to strengthen ties with these countries and expand avenues of cooperation.
4. (b) 112
The Emergency Response Support System (ERSS) is a pan-India single number (112) based response system for persons in distress. The citizens can access emergency services by dialing 112 number. They can also press the power button on a smartphone thrice quickly to activate a panic call to ERC. In case of a feature phone, the citizen can long press on number 5 or 9 on the phone keypad to activate the panic call.
5. (a) Varanasi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on February 19, 2019 flagged off the first ever diesel to electric converted locomotive twin engine of ten thousand Horse Power at DLW Varanasi. He also inspected an exhibition on locomotives at DLW campus. Such locomotives will be more economical and will increase the speed of goods trains.
6. (d) New Delhi
Union Home Minister inaugurated Cyber Crime Unit of Delhi Police and National Cyber Forensic Lab on February 18, 2019 in New Delhi. The Home Minister also inaugurated a Delhi Police Residential Block comprising 56 flats. The Delhi Police built 312 dwelling units last year and another 969 units are under construction this year.
7. (a) Myanmar
Myanmar on February 19, 2019 set up a committee to discuss reforming the country's military-drafted constitution. This pits Aung San Suu Kyi's civilian government openly against the powerful armed forces for the first time over the incendiary issue. Suu Kyi's National League for Democracy (NLD) party won a landslide in 2015 elections but was forced into an uneasy power-sharing agreement with the armed forces.
8. (d) Pakistan
The All Indian Cine Workers Association has announced a total ban on all the Pakistani artists working in the film industry. In a statement, the Association’s General Secretary Ronak Jain said that strong action will be taken against the organisation that continues to work with Pakistani artists. Condemning the ghastly terror attack in Pulwama, the Association has said that it stands united in confronting such terror and inhumanity.
9. (c) Global Warming
Climate scientist Wallace Smith Broecker, who popularised the term global warming, has passed away in New York. The eighty-seven-year-old Columbia University professor breathed his last on February 18. Broecker brought global warming into common use with a 1975 paper that correctly predicted rising carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere would lead to pronounced warming.
10. (b) Jammu and Kashmir
The Jammu and Kashmir administration has issued orders to withdraw security cover of six separatist leaders, including Mirwaiz Umar Farooq. Besides Mirwaiz, the security has been withdrawn for Abdul Gani Bhat, Bilal Lone, Hashim Qureshi, Fazal Haq Qureshi and Shabir Shah.