Top Current Affairs Quiz: 20 February 2019
20 February 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like startups exempted from AngeL Tax, Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin and ban on UAE-based coach Irfan Ansari among others.
1. Union Minister Suresh Prabhu on February 19, 2019 cleared proposals to encourage investments in Start-Ups. Now, registered startups will be exempted from AngeL Tax on funding of up to what amount?
a) Rs 25 crore
b) Rs 30 crore
c) Rs 35 crore
d) Rs 40 crore
2. The Union Cabinet approved creation of posts of Secretary and Joint Secretary in which newly created department?
a) Department of Textiles
b) Department of Fisheries
c) Department of Tribes
d) Department of Animal Husbandry
3. The Union Cabinet approved the agreement between India and which organisation for its participation in the Programme for International Students Assessment (PISA)?
a) United Nations
b) World Bank
c) Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development
d) Organisation for Rural Economic Transformation
4. The Cabinet approved the implementation of Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G) beyond March 2019 to which year?
5. Government launched Operation Digital Board to boost which of the following?
a) Digital education
c) Ease of doing business
d) Online transactions
6. The International Cricket Council on February 19, 2019 banned UAE-based coach Irfan Ansari for how many years?
a) 5 years
b) 10 years
c) 15 years
d) Life ban
7. Union Minister Suresh Prabhu recently launched SWAYATT initiative on which platform?
a) NITI Aayog
b) Atal Tinkering Labs
c) Government e Marketplace
d) Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade
8. Which city hosted the International Conference and Exhibition on Energy and Environment: Challenges and Opportunities (ENCO 2019)?
d) New Delhi
1. (a) Rs 25 crore
Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu on February 19, 2019 cleared proposals to encourage investments in Start-Ups, aiming at simplifying the process of exemptions for Start-ups from the ‘Angel Tax’. As per the new norms, registered startups will be exempted from tax on funding of up to Rs 25 crore compared with the existing limit of Rs 10 crore.
2. (b) Department of Fisheries
The Union Cabinet approved creation of one post of Secretary in the level 17 (Rs.2,25,000 fixed per month) and one post of Joint Secretary in the level 14 (Rs.144200-218200 per month) in the newly created Department of Fisheries on permanent basis.
3. (c) Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development
The Union Cabinet approved the Agreement between India and the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) for participating in the Programme for International Students Assessment (PISA), which will be conducted by the OECD in 2021.
4. (c) 2022
The rural housing scheme Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana - Gramin (PMAY-G) in Phase-ll will be continued beyond 2019-20 up to 2021-22 as per the existing norms of PMAY-G Phase-l, with a target of 60 lakh houses involving financial implication of Rs 76,500 crore.
5. (a) Digital education
Government launched Operation Digital Board on the lines of Operation Blackboard to provide better digital education in schools. Under the initiative, seven lakh classrooms of 9th, 10th and 11th standards and two lakh classrooms of colleges and Universities will be equipped with digital boards in the next three years.
6. (b) 10 years
The International Cricket Council (ICC) banned UAE-based coach Irfan Ansari for 10 years after he was found guilty of making a “corrupt approach” to Pakistan captain Sarfaraz Ahmed in 2017. The ban came after the ICC Anti-Corruption Tribunal found him guilty of breaching three counts of the Anti-Corruption Code.
7. (c) Government e Marketplace
Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu launched SWAYATT initiative to promote Start-ups, Women and Youth Advantage through eTransactions on Government e Marketplace (GeM). This will bring together the key stakeholders within the Indian entrepreneurial ecosystem to Government e-Marketplace.
8. (d) New Delhi
President Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the International Conference and Exhibition on Energy and Environment: Challenges and Opportunities (ENCO 2019) on February 20, 2019 in New Delhi. This Conference was organised by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research.