Top Current Affairs Quiz: 21 October 2019
21 October 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Maharashtra and Haryana assembly elections 2019, Central scheme PM-KISAN and Ayurveda Palliative Care Unit among others.
1. Joko Widodo has been re-elected as the President of which nation?
2. World’s oldest known natural pearl was discovered off which city’s coast?
a) Abu Dhabi
3. How many constituencies are up for polls in the Maharashtra assembly elections 2019?
4. Which Indian cricketer broke Don Bradman's record of highest average in Test cricket on home soil?
a) Rohit Sharma
b) Virat Kohli
c) Ajinkya Rahane
d) Ravindra Jadeja
5. Haryana Assembly Election 2019 was held in how many constituencies?
6. The Ayurveda Palliative Care Unit was inaugurated recently in which city?
b) New Delhi
7. When was the Police Commemoration Day 2019 observed in India?
a) 19th October
b) 20th October
c) 21th October
d) 22nd October
8. Which State Government recently agreed to implement the Central scheme PM-KISAN?
a) Madhya Pradesh
1. (d) Indonesia
Joko Widodo was sworn in as the President of Indonesia for the second time on October 20, 2019. This would be Widodo’s last five-year term, as he faces fresh challenges such as corruption and economic slowdown.
2. (a) Abu Dhabi
World’s oldest known natural pearl was discovered off the coast of Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates. It was discovered by archaeologists working at a Neolithic site on Marawah Island.
3. (b) 288
The voting was held in a single phase for 288 assembly seats in Maharashtra. The exit polls predict a major win for the BJP-Shiv Sena alliance in the state.
4. (a) Rohit Sharma
Rohit Sharma broke Australian cricketer Don Bradman's record of highest average in Test cricket on home soil during the Day 2 of India’s third test against South Africa. Rohit Sharma with 212 runs recorded an average of 99.84 on home soil, which is higher than Don Bradman’s average of 98.22 on home soil in test cricket.
5. (c) 90
Haryana Assembly Elections 2019 were held on October 21, 2019 from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM. A total of 1169 candidates are contesting the Haryana Assembly Election 2019.
6. (b) New Delhi
AYUSH Ministry recently inaugurated the Ayurveda Palliative Care Unit at Palliative Care Centre, the Base Hospital at Delhi Cantt, New Delhi.
7. (c) 21th October
The Police Commemoration Day was observed across India on October 21, 2019 with an aim to commemorate the brave policemen who sacrificed their in the line of duties.
8. (c) Delhi
Delhi Government on October 21, 2019 agreed to implement Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme to provide the income support of Rs 6,000 to eligible farmers in a year.