Top Current Affairs Quiz: 22 May 2018
22 May 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Queqiao relay satellite, My MP Rojgar Portal and Nipah virus among others.
1. Which state government commissioned automatic weather stations in over 2000 locations to provide local level weather information to farmers?
d) Uttar Pradesh
2. China recently launched the Queqiao relay satellite to study which of the following?
3. In a first, India Railway decided to use Artifical Intelligence to control air circulation in a 10. 28 KM tunnel of which state?
a) Jammu & Kashmir
b) Himachal Pradesh
4. Chatra Parivahan Suraksha Yojana to ensure women’s safety has been launched in which Indian state?
b) Uttar Pradesh
5. Who was appointed as the Chairman of Lalit Kala Akademi?
a) Uttam Pacharne
b) ML Srivastava
c) PL Deshpande
d) N K Jaishankar
6. When is the International Day for Biological Diversity observed every year?
a) 21 May
b) 22 May
c) 23 May
d) 24 May
7. Which Gulf Nation has launched a 10-year residency visa programme for exceptional talents?
a) Saudi Arabia
8. Which state government has launched 'My MP Rojgar Portal'?
a) Madhya Pradesh
9. On May 21, India conducted an informal summit with which nation?
10. Which country was ranked as the wealthiest nation by the AfrAsia Bank Global Wealth Migration Review?
11. Which state government has decided to provide pension to 16 lakh senior citizens?
12. The deadly Nipah virus has been detected in which Indian state?
c) Andhra Pradesh
1. (a) Maharashtra
Maharashtra government commissioned 2060 automatic weather stations to provide real-time weather-related information to farmers up to the village level. Farmers will now get detailed information about the climatic conditions in their area.
2. (b) Moon
China launched a relay satellite on May 21 to set up a communication link between Earth and the planned Chang'e-4 lunar probe that will explore the Moon's mysterious far side.
3. (c) Manipur
For the first time, the railways will use artificial intelligence to control air circulation, signages and even supervision and maintenance work in the 10.28 km-long tunnel in Imphal as part of its 110 km railway line from Jiribam to Manipur's capital city.
4. (d) Haryana
Haryana government launched an initiative Chatra Parivahan Suraksha Yojana to ensure girls safety. Under this Yojana, all the girls in the Haryana State will get Free Travelling Facility.
5. (a) Uttam Pacharne
Uttam Pacharne, the noted artist and sculptor, was appointed as the Chairman of Lalit Kala Akademi by the President of India. He will hold office for a term of three years from the date on which he assumes the charge of his office. Pacharne is a widely respected person in the field of art and has held various important positions.
6. (b) 22 May
The International Day for Biological Diversity was observed across the world on May 22, 2018 with an aim to raise awareness about the conservation of biodiversity. The theme of International Day for Biological Diversity 2018 was ‘Celebrating 25 Years of Action for Biodiversity’ as the year 2018 marks the 25th anniversary of the Convention on Biological Diversity.
The United Arab Emirates would be issuing long-term residency visas for up to 10 years to international investors and ‘exceptional talents’ including professionals and students. The new system will increase the chances of attracting investors and competencies, increasing the country's economic competitiveness globally.
8. (a) Madhya Pradesh
The Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Shivraj Singh Chouhan has launched 'My MP Rojgar Portal' to provide jobs to youths as per their educational qualification, skills and interest and ensure availability of able candidates to employers as per the need of their business.
9. (d) Russia
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi held his first informal Summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin on May 21. During the high-level delegation meet, the two leaders agreed that the Special and Privileged Strategic Partnership between India and Russia is an important factor for global peace and stability.
10. (c) US
The AfrAsia Bank Global Wealth Migration Review has ranked the United States as the wealthiest nation in the world with a total wealth of $62,584 billion. India was ranked as the 6th wealthiest country in the world with a total wealth of $8,230 billion.
11. (b) Assam
The Assam government will provide pension to 16 lakh senior citizens of the state. The pensioners would get 250 rupees per month which would be transferred online.
12. (d) Kerala
The Kerala state Health Department has confirmed Nipah virus (NiV) infection in one of its districts-Kozhikode after collecting the blood and body fluid samples of two persons who died of viral fever recently.