Top Current Affairs Quiz: 25 June 2019
25 June 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Nusrat Jahan, Mimi Chakraborty take oath as Lok Sabha MPs, Mehul Choksi’s foreign citizenship to be revoked and G-20 Summit 2019 among others.
1. Which industry icon is set to retire as Executive Chairman of his company in July?
a) Azim Premji
b) Ratan Tata
c) Lakshmi Mittal
d) Shiv Nadar
2. First-time MPs Nusrat Jahan, Mimi Chakraborty took oath as Lok Sabha members on June 25. The actresses belong to which party?
3. The Council of Europe has restored which nation’s voting rights?
c) United Kingdom
4. Padma Vibhushan E. Sreedharan recently resigned as the Principal Advisor to which corportation?
5. When is the International Olympic Day observed every year?
a) 22nd June
b) 23rd June
c) 24th June
d) 25th June
6. PM Narendra Modi will attend the G-20 Summit 2019 from June 27-29 in which country?
7. Which country has agreed to revoke its citizenship given to Mehul Choksi?
8. US President Donald Trump recently signed a strong banning order against which country?
9. How much penalty has been proposed for not providing way to emergency vehicles under the Motor Vehicle (Amendment) Bill approved by cabinet?
1. (a) Azim Premji
IT Industry icon Azim Premji will retire as Executive Chairman of Wipro with effect from July 30, 2019. He led the company for 53 years. He will continue to serve on the board as Non-Executive Director and founder Chairman. His son Rishad Premji, Chief Strategy Officer and a board member, will take over as the new Executive Chairman of the company.
2. (b) TMC
The first-time parliamentarians, TMC MPs Nusrat Jahan Ruhi and Mimi Chakraborty take oath as members of the 17th Lok Sabha. Both the actresses were not present on the day that the oath of the office was administered to all the Lok Sabha MPs, due to Nusrat Jahan’ s wedding.
3. (d) Russia
The Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe has voted in favour of restoring Russia's voting rights, five years after they were revoked over its illegal annexation of the Crimean Peninsula.
4. (b) LMRC
Padma Vibhushan E. Sreedharan recently resigned as the Principal Advisor to Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC) citing health issues. Sreedharan is popularly known as the Metro Man. He holds years of experience in handling mega Metro projects in the country.
5. (b) 23rd June
The International Olympic Day is observed every year on 23 June to commemorate the event of the same day in 1894 when delegates from 12 countries gathered at the Sorbonne, Paris to support the proposal to revive the Olympic Games.
6. (c) Japan
PM Narendra Modi will attend the G-20 summit during June 27-29 in Osaka, Japan. He would hold bilateral discussions and participate in various meetings with the leaders of the g-20 partner countries.
7. (a) Antigua
In fresh trouble for fugitive diamantaire Mehul Choksi, the Antiguan government decided to revoke his citizenship. Once his citizenship is revoked, Choksi is likely to be extradited to India where he is wanted by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Enforcement Directorate (ED).
8. (d) Iran
US President Trump struck Monday at Iran by issuing “hard-hitting” financial sanctions against Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and his associates. Iran's ambassador to the United Nations said actions by President Trump to impose new sanctions was "yet another indication of continued US hostility" against the country and its leaders.
9. (c) 10000
The government approved the Motor Vehicle (Amendment) Bill that proposes hefty penalties for violation of traffic norms including up to Rs. 10,000 fine for not providing way to emergency vehicles and Rs. 10,000 for driving despite disqualification.