Top Current Affairs Quiz: 3 May 2018
3 May 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like world's 20 most polluted cities, GOBAR-DHAN scheme and Cambridge Analytica among others.
1. 14 Indian cities figure in a list of world's 20 most polluted cities in terms of particulate matter PM2.5 levels in 2016. Which city topped the list?
2. The GOBAR-DHAN scheme was launched recently to promote wealth and energy from waste. The scheme was launched from which state?
c) Uttar Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
3. What was the India’s rank in the list of doping violations, as per latest report of World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)?
4. The 2018 Vijay Prahar exercise of Indian Army began in which state?
5. Who was appointed as the Chairman of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI)?
a) Subhash Chandra Khuntia
b) Nakul Mehta
c) Varsha Suri
d) Sitanshu Kar
6. The India-South Africa Business Summit 2018 was held in which city?
a) Cape Town
c) New Delhi
7. Who has been named as the new head coach of Australia?
a) Ricky Ponting
b) Mathew Hayden
c) Justin Langer
d) Shane Warne
8. Which data analytics company would be shutting its operations following Facebook data breach scandal?
a) Cambridge Analytica
9. First organised census has begun in India to estimate the number of which rare mammal species?
a) Asiatic lion
b) Indian rhinoceros
c) Indus Dolphin
d) Black Buck
10. Which Indian shooter has become world number one in 10m air pistol?
a) Shahzar Rizvi
b) Manu Bhaker
c) Jitu Rai
d) Ravi Kumar
11. Jan Koum has resigned as the CEO of which social media messenger company over data privacy concerns?
a) BlackBerry Messenger
12. The national workshop for creating disaster risk reduction database was held in which city?
b) New Delhi
1. (a) Kanpur
As per the data released by the World Health Organisation (WHO), 14 Indian cities figure in a list of world's 20 most polluted cities in terms of particulate matter PM2.5 levels in 2016. The WHO Global Urban Ambient Air Pollution Database ranked Kanpur as the most polluted city among 4300 world cities which were monitored for their air pollution levels in the year 2016.
2. (b) Haryana
Uma Bharti, the Union Minister for Drinking Water and Sanitation, launched the GOBAR (Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources) – DHAN scheme at the National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI) Auditorium, Karnal, Haryana on May 1, 2018.
3. (c) 6th
India was ranked sixth in the list of doping violations with 69 cases, same as that of Russia, according to World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) report. India improved its position to sixth after being third for three consecutive years from 2013 to 2015.
4. (d) Rajasthan
The 2018 Vijay Prahar exercise of Indian Army’s South Western Command started near Suratgarh in Rajasthan. Over 20000 troops of the strike formations of the Army are engaged in the exercise to fine-tune with the Indian Air Force (IAF).
5. (a) Subhash Chandra Khuntia
Subhash Chandra Khuntia, a 1981-batch Indian Administrative Services (IAS) officer, was appointed as Chairman of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI). The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) approved Khuntia’s appointment for a period of 3 years.
6. (b) Johannesburg
The Union Minister of Commerce and Industry and Civil Aviation Suresh Prabhu attended India- South Africa business summit from April 29-30,2018 in Johannesburg, South Africa.
7. (c) Justin Langer
Former Australian opener, Justin Langer has been named as the new head coach of Australia in all three formats of the game, replacing Darren Lehmann, who resigned after the recent ball-tampering row. The former cricketer takes over the top position at a time when Australian cricket is in midst of a crisis following the one-year ban on former captain Steve Smith and former vice captain David Warner.
8. (a) Cambridge Analytica
Cambridge Analytica, the UK-based data analytics company that was caught in a massive data-harvesting scandal has announced that it would immediately shut its operations, as the controversy has driven away virtually all of its customers.
9. (c) Indus Dolphin
The Punjab government along with WWF-India would be conducting the first organised census of Indus Dolphins, one of the world's rarest mammals. The Indus Dolphins are found only in India and Pakistan, confined to the 185 km stretch between Talwara and Harike Barrage in India's Beas River in Punjab.
10. (a) Shahzar Rizvi
World record holder Shahzar Rizvi has risen to the top of the world rankings in men's 10m air pistol in the latest International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) charts. The Indian Air Force man won a gold in the first ISSF World Cup stage in Guadalajara, Mexico, in March with a world record score of 242.3 in the finals.
11. (b) Whatsapp
In a jolt to Facebook, WhatsApp co-founder and CEO Jan Koum has decided to move on amid reports that he had a difference of opinion with parent company Facebook over data privacy, encryption and other issues.
12. (b) New Delhi
The National Workshop on Data Requirements for Disaster Risk Reduction Database began in New Delhi on May 2, 2018. The main aim of the two-day workshop is to develop a uniform and credible national-level disaster database.