Top Current Affairs Quiz: 31 July 2019
31 July 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as new Karnataka Speaker, CCD owner VG Siddhartha death and World Day against Trafficking in Persons among others.
1. Which Indian cricketer was handed an eight-month banned after failing the dope test?
a) Mohammad Shami
b) Prithvi Shaw
c) Hardik Pandya
d) Jasprit Bumrah
2. Who was appointed as the new speaker of Karnataka Assembly?
a) Vishweshwar Hegde Kageri
b) Jagadish Shettar
c) K S Eshwarappa
d) S Suresh Kumar
3. Who among the following has been named as the interim board chairman of Coffee Day Enterprises?
a) Shashi Vishvanath
b) Eshwara Achari
c) Prasanna Thambi
d) SV Ranganath
4. Who was appointed as the COO of Coffee Day Enterprises?
a) Sanad Thawde
b) Nitin Bagmane
c) Sunil Misra
d) Kumara Ranganath
5. Name the river from where the body of VG Siddhartha, founder of CCD, was recovered recently.
6. Which among the following nations announced one-month free visa on arrival to foreign nationals from nearly 50 nations?
a) Sri Lanka
7. Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan launched the Atal Community Innovation Centre in which city?
c) New Delhi
8. When is the World Day Against Trafficking in Persons observed globally?
a) 28th July
b) 29th July
c) 30th July
d) 31st July
9. The Shawala Teja Singh temple is now open for Hindus after 72 Years. Where is the temple located?
10. Which nation has offered to mediate between Bangladesh and Myanmar for early repatriation of Rohingyas?
1. (b) Prithvi Shaw
BCCI announced that talented India opener Prithvi Shaw had been slapped with an eight-month ban from all forms of competitive cricket for failing a dope test. Shaw tested positive for terbutaline during the Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 tournament this February.
2. (a) Vishweshwar Hegde Kageri
Vishweshwar Hegde Kageri has been elected as the new Speaker of the Karnataka Legislative Assembly. Former Karnataka Assembly Speaker KR Ramesh Kumar had resigned from his post soon after BS Yediyurappa government won floor test in the house.
3. (d) SV Ranganath
SV Ranganath was appointed as the interim board chairman of Coffee Day Enterprises during the CCD board meeting on Wednesday.
4. (b) Nitin Bagmane
Nitin Bagmane was appointed as the interim chief operating officer (COO) of Coffee Day Enterprises by CCD’s board of directors.
5. (c) Netravati
The body of Cafe Coffee Day (CCD) founder VG Siddhartha has been found from the Nethravathi river in Mangaluru. Siddhartha was missing mysteriously since Monday night en route to Mangaluru in Karnataka. A letter was also found which claimed that he was under tremendous pressure from lenders.
6. (a) Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka announced on Wednesday that it will give a one-month free visa on arrival to visitors from nearly 50 countries. The move is a part of its latest efforts to revive its tourism industry, which received a major hit after the Easter Sunday terror attacks that killed 263 people.
7. (c) New Delhi
Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Dharmendra Pradhan launched the Atal Community Innovation Centre in New Delhi with an aim to encourage innovation at the community level through solution-driven design thinking.
8. (c) 30th July
The World Day against Trafficking in Persons is observed across the world on July 30 with an aim to highlight that the human trafficking is a crime that exploits women, children and men across the world.
9. (b) Pakistan
Shawala Teja Singh Temple has been re-opened for Hindu devotees for the 1st time in 72 years since partition. The temple is located in Sialkot city of Pakistan and was sealed for last 72 years.
10. (d) Japan
Japan has offered to mediate between Bangladesh and Myanmar for early repatriation of the Rohingyas. This was decided after a meeting between Bangladesh Foreign Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen and his Japanese counterpart Taro Kono in Dhaka.