Top Current Affairs Quiz: 4 April 2019
4 April 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like PM Narendra Modi conferred with Zayed Medal, RBI cuts Repo Rate and Reliance Jio acquired Haptik among others.
1. Which country recently honoured PM Narendra Modi with its highest decoration Zayed Medal?
a) United Arab Emirates
b) South Korea
c) Saudi Arabia
2. The Reserve Bank of India fixed the Repo Rate at what percent in its First Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2019-20?
3. Which country recently introduced harsh sharia laws that make adultery and homsexuality punishable by stoning to death?
4. Which city will host the NuGen Mobility Summit 2019?
a) New Delhi
5. How many Advance Pricing Agreements (APAs) were signed by the Central Board of Direct Taxes in March 2019?
6. Which institute has recently found a new enzyme which helps in breaking cell walls of bacteria?
a) Centre for Science and Earth
b) National Science and Nano-technology Institute
c) Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology
d) All India Institute of Medical Sciences
7. Which country is going to launch 5G Network for first time in the world?
d) South Korea
8. Reliance Jio has acquired which chatbot start-up company in Rs. 230 cr recently?
9. When the International Day of Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action is observed every year?
a) 3 April
b) 4 April
c) 5 April
d) 6 April
10. India recently gained access to the supplies of Lithium Carbonate from which country?
b) S Korea
1. (a) United Arab Emirates
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) on April 4, 2019 honoured PM Narendra Modi with its highest decoration, Zayed Medal in recognition of his "pivotal role" in strengthening ties between the two nations.
2. (b) 6.00%
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on April 4, 2019 released its First Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2019-20. After assessing the current and evolving macroeconomic situation in the economy, the six member- Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) decided to reduce the policy Repo Rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) by 25 basis points to 6 percent from 6.25 percent with immediate effect.
3. (c) Brunei
Brunei introduced harsh new sharia laws that make adultery and homsexuality punishable by stoning to death. The new measures also cover a range of other crimes, including punishment for theft by amputation. The laws make Brunei the first in Southeast Asia to have a sharia penal code at the national level.
4. (b) Gurugram
The NuGen Mobility Summit 2019 will be held during November 27 – 29, 2019 at Manesar, Gurugram. The Summit will be organised by the International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT).
5. (a) 18
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) entered into 18 Advance Pricing Agreements (APAs) includes 3 Bilateral APAs (BAPAs) in March 2019. With the signing of these APAs, the Indian Advance Pricing Agreement regime moved forward with total number of APAs entered into by the CBDT in the year 2018-19 stands at 52, including 11 BAPAs.
6. (c) Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology
Scientists at the Centre for Cellular & Molecular Biology (CCMB) have discovered a new enzyme which helps in breaking cell walls of bacteria and hence, offers a potential for a new drug delivery route to arrest the anti-bacterial resistance.
7. (d) South Korea
South Korea will launch world’s first 5G mobile networks. It would be a transformational leap that already has USA and China sparring for control of an innovation that could potentially change the day-to-day lives of billions of people.
8. (b) Haptik
India’s telecom company Reliance Jio has acquired chatbot making startup Haptik recently. In the Rs 700-crore deal, Rs 230 crore will go for business transfer and Rs 470 crore will go towards expansion.
9. (b) 4 April
International Day of Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action is observed across the world on 4 April to foster the establishment and development of national mine-action capacities in countries where mines and explosive remnants of war constitute a serious threat to the safety, health and lives of the civilian population
10. (a) Bolivia
India and Bolivia agreed to forge mutually beneficial partnership to facilitate Bolivian supplies of lithium Carbonate to India and foster joint ventures for Lithium battery and cell production plants in India.