Top Current Affairs Quiz: 4 July 2019
4 July 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Economic Survey 2019, Henley Passport Index 2019 and fourth world cup semi-finalist among others.
1. The Economic Survey 2019 has projected how much growth in GDP in 2019-20?
a) 8 percent
b) 7 percent
c) 9 percent
d) 11 percent
2. Which two nations have the most powerful passport in 2019?
a) Japan and Singapore
b) Finland and Germany
c) Denmark and South Korea
d) Japan and Finland
3. What is India’s position in Henley Passport Index 2019?
4. Which team will be the fourth World Cup 2019 semi-finalist?
c) New Zealand
d) Sri Lanka
5. Which state’s assembly has passed a bill proposing a hike in retirement age of Vice-chancellors of State own Universities?
a) West Bengal
b) Madhya Pradesh
c) Himachal Pradesh
6. Which nation has proposed to ban the return of extremists for 2 years?
a) New Zealand
b) United Kingdom
7. Which nation has agreed to provide 2,500 metric tons of rice to Bangladesh for the Rohingya refugees?
8. The world- renowned Jagannath Rath Yatra has begun in which Indian state?
a) Uttar Pradesh
9. The IMF board has approved USD 6 billion loan package for which nation?
10. The longest Electrified Railway Tunnel has been commissioned in which state?
c) Andhra Pradesh
1. (b) 7 percent
The Economic Survey has projected 7 percent growth in GDP in 2019-20. The Economic survey was tabled by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in the Parliament on July 4, 2019.
2. (a) Japan and Singapore
As per the Henley Passport Index 2019 Japan and Singapore have the world’s most powerful passports. Both the countries secured top position out of 199 countries, as their passports allow visa-free or visa-on-arrival travel to 189 places.
3. (d) 86th
India is ranked at the 86th position in the Henley Passport Index 2019 with a mobility score of 58. India shares the position with Mauritiana and Sao Tome and Principe. In 2018, India was ranked at the 79th position.
4. (c) New Zealand
While Australia, India and England have already qualified for world cup semi-finals with 14, 13 and 12 points respectively, the fourth semi-finalist is likely to be New Zealand. Pakistan is virtually knocked out of the World Cup.
5. (a) West Bengal
The West Bengal Assembly passed a bill endorsing hiking of retirement age of Vice-chancellors of State own Universities from 65 years to 70 years replacing an ordinance on the matter.
6. (c) Australia
Australia's government on July 4, 2019 proposed new laws that would prevent extremist Australians from returning home for up to two years, as the country prepares for the repatriation of Islamic State group supporters from the West Asia. Around 230 Australians had flown to Syria and Iraq to fight with extremist groups since 2012.
7. (d) China
China will provide 2,500 metric tons of rice to Bangladesh for the forcibly displaced Rohingyas from Myanmar. This was part of nine instruments signed between Bangladesh and China on July 4, 2019.
8. (b) Odisha
The world-famous Jagannath Rath Yatra began at Puri in Odisha on July 4, 2019. Lakhs of people are gathering in Puri to witness Lord Jagannath, Lord Balabhadra and Devi Subhadra riding three giant wooden chariots as they travel to Gundicha temple.
9. (d) Pakistan
The International Monetary Fund Executive board approved a three-year, USD 6 billion loan package for Pakistan to rein in mounting debts and stave off a looming balance of payments crisis, in exchange for tough austerity measures.
10. (c) Andhra Pradesh
The South Central Railway (SCR) had commissioned the longest electrified tunnel of 6.6 km between Cherlopalli and Rapuru stations in the state of Andhra Pradesh. The tunnel is part of the recently completed Obulavaripalli-Venkatachalam new railway line.