Top Current Affairs Quiz: 8 February 2019
8 February 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Sixth Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2018-19, India’s rank in the 2019 International Intellectual Property and Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana among others.
1. Which state launched the Zero Fatality Corridor (ZFC) recently?
2. As per Sixth Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2018-19, RBI fixed the policy Repo Rate at what percent?
3. A Circuit Bench of the Calcutta High Court will be established in which district of the West Bengal?
a) Cooch Behar
4. A new channel DD Arun Prabha will be launched by PM Modi to cater mainly the aspirations of people of North east region. The head office of the channel will be located in which State?
d) Arunachal Pradesh
5. What was India’s rank in the 2019 International Intellectual Property (IP) Index?
6. Which country tops the 2019 International Intellectual Property (IP) Index?
b) United States
d) United Kingdom
7. Under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana for the farmers, how much income support will be provided in a year?
a) Rs 8000
b) Rs 5000
c) Rs 6000
d) Rs 9000
8. Which city hosted the 5th India-Bangladesh Joint Consultative Committee Meeting?
d) New Delhi
1. (a) Delhi
The Delhi government recently launched the 'Zero Fatality Corridor' (ZFC) to examine the cause for accidents and crashes on the stretch between Burari Chowk and Bhalswa chowk, located on the outer ring road. The aim of the pilot project is to reduce deaths to near zero levels on this particular stretch.
2. (b) 6.25
The Reserve Bank of India in its Sixth Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2018-19 reduced Repo Rate by 25 basis points to 6.25 percent. RBI's six-member Monetary Policy Committee also brought down Reverse Repo Rate to 6 percent.
3. (c) Jalpaiguri
The Union Cabinet approved the establishment of Circuit Bench of Calcutta High Court at Jalpaiguri. It will have jurisdiction over four districts namely Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Jalpaiguri and Cooch Behar.
4. (d) Arunachal Pradesh
The Cabinet Committee of Economic Affairs approved the launch of DD Arun Prabha channel for the Northeast. The head office of the channel will be in Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh. The channel hopes to fulfill the aspirations of the people of the northeastern region.
5. (a) 36th
India climbed eight places to rank 36th in the 2019 International Intellectual Property (IP) Index released by the US Chambers of Commerce. In 2018, India was ranked 44 out of 50 countries.
6. (b) United States
The United States tops the list of 50 global economies with 42.66 points out of 45 in the 2019 International Intellectual Property (IP) Index, followed by the United Kingdom (42.22), Sweden (41.03) and Germany (41.00).
7. (c) Rs 6000
Under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (KISAN), the vulnerable farmers, who own around 2 hectares of land, will get direct income support of Rs 6000 per year. The income support will be transferred directly to the account of the beneficiary farmer in three equal installments of Rs 2000 each. It would be fully funded by the Government of India.
8. (d) New Delhi
The 5th India-Bangladesh Joint Consultative Committee Meeting was held in New Delhi. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Foreign Affairs Minister of Bangladesh Dr. A. K. Abdul Momen co-chaired the meeting.