UAE announces world’s first graduate-level research-based AI University
The government of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has recently announced the establishment of the world’s first graduate-level, research-based AI university. This university has named - Mohamed bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence (MBZUAI). This university will enable graduate students, governments and businesses to advance the artificial intelligence field.
The university has been named after Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan. It is believed that he has advocated for the UAE’s development of human capital through knowledge and scientific thinking to take the nation into the future.
• A new model of academia and research to the field of AI will be introduced by MBZUAI.
• Students and faculty will be able to access some of the world’s most advanced AI system to take its potential to the next level.
• Dr Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber has been appointed Chair of the MBZUAI Board of Trustees.
• On the occasion of its inauguration, Dr Sultan Ahmed said that MBZUAI is an open invitation to the world to unleash AI’s full potential.
• The Mohamed bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence will provide a full scholarship to all admitted students.
• The AI University will also provide health allowance, monthly allowance and accommodation facilities to all admitted students.
• World’s top companies will be associated with MBZUAI to secure internships. Also, these companies will offer jobs to qualified students.
How to take admission in MBZUAI?
Any graduate student can apply to AI University through its website. The registrations will be open in August 2020. The Mohamed bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence will invite the first class of graduate students for coursework from September 2020 at Masdar City campus.
Programmes at MBZUAI
The university will provide MSc and PhD degrees in these programmes – Computer Vision, Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing. PhD in Natural Language Processing will be started in 2021. The university offers a choice of graduate programs in AI that are relevant to the market needs.