Union Cabinet approves MoU between India and Cambodia in health sector
The Union Cabinet in its meeting on October 29, 2020, approved the signing of MoU-Memorandum of Understanding between India and Cambodia. The MoU has been signed on cooperation in the field of health and medicine.
According to the official release, the MoU will promote and encourage the cooperation between India and Cambodia through joint initiatives and the development of technology in the health sector.
In a statement by the Health Ministry, the pact will strengthen the bilateral ties between both the nations. It will become effective on the date it is signed and will remain in force for 5 years.
The Union #Cabinet, chaired by PM @narendramodi has given its approval for signing Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) between India and Japan on bilateral cooperation in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs)
🔖https://t.co/fUhqBfOMqk#CabinetDecisions pic.twitter.com/54UWosNdcb— PIB in Maharashtra 🇮🇳 (@PIBMumbai) October 29, 2020
Main areas of cooperation between India and Cambodia:
• Family Planning
• The health of mother and child
• TB and HIV/AIDS
• Technology transfer
• Drugs and pharmaceuticals
• Disease Control
• Public Health and epidemiology
• Medical Research and Development
Other areas of cooperation in MoU:
• Health manpower development in the public health field
• Medical education
• Training in para-clinical, clinical, and management skills
• Any development will be subject to the approval of the National Ethics Committee of Cambodia and clearance by the concerned Indian department or ministry.