US-India Business Council launches WISE Initiative in India
The US-India Business Council (USIBC) on 27 November 2017 launched a collaborative initiative for Women Entrepreneurs titled 'Women for Women Innovators, Social Leaders & Entrepreneurs' (WISE).
The program was launched during USIBC’s Road to GES event 'Creating the Foundations of Innovation'.
Highlights of 'Women for Women Innovators, Social Leaders & Entrepreneurs' (WISE)
• WISE will be led by Country Head of Intel India Nivruti Rai, CMD of Biocon Limited of Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Chairman of IBM India of Vanitha Narayanan, MD of Kalaari Capital of Vani Kola, and Producer of Girl Rising Amita Vyas.
• The vision of the WISE initiative is 'women supporting women to participate in creating the future of India'.
• WISE will work with key women leaders to offer mentoring, and development opportunities for women entrepreneurs to increase women’s participation in growing India’s economy.
• It will provide a platform to engage multiple stakeholders to conceptualize and roll out programs to encourage women professionals, innovators and entrepreneurs.
• It will encourage a policy environment to increase the number of women innovators, entrepreneurs and leaders.
• It will offer training opportunities and career assistance for women to help them develop appropriate skills.
Nisha Desai Biswal appointed as President of US-India Business Council
About US-India Business Council (USIBC)
• Formed in 1975, the US-India Business Council is the premier business advocacy organization comprising of 350 top-tier US and Indian companies.
• USIBC is the largest bilateral trade association in the United States with liaison presence in New York, Silicon Valley, and New Delhi.
• It serves as a direct link between businesses and government leaders to strengthen ties between the two nations.
Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu selected for USIBC Award