Virat Kohli and Mithali Raj top the ICC ODI Rankings
Indian cricket team captains Virat Kohli and Mithali Raj became number one on 30 October 2017 at ICC ODI rankings for batsman and batswomen.
Quick peek at the ICC ODI rankings for batsmen and bowlers in brief
• Indian captain Virat Kohli reclaimed the top spot of the ICC ODI rankings for batsmen with 889 rating points.
• Kohli had lost the top spot 10 days ago to South African batsman AB de Villiers. However, Kohli, who scored 263 runs in the New Zealand series and earned 889 rating points, which is the best ever by an Indian batsman.
• Rohit Sharma is at seventh position with 799 points.
• Former captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni rose one place to 11th in the rankings.
• Fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah is placed at third rank after finishing with six wickets in the series against New Zealand.
• Pakistan pace bowler Hasan Ali is on top ICC ODI rankings for bowlers.
• India ranks on top in the men's ODI team rankings.
Quick peek at the ICC ODI rankings for batswomen and bowlers in brief
• Mithali Raj was ranked number with 753 rating points.
• Ellyse Perry of Australia and Amy Satterthwaite of New Zealand bagged rank two and three with 725 and 720 points respectively in ICC ODI rankings for batswomen.
• Among women bowlers, Jhulan Goswami remained on second spot with 652 rating points only behind Marizanne Kapp (656) of South Africa.
• Australia's 2-1 victory over England in the ICC Women's Championship series helped them regain the top spot in the women's team rankings.
International Cricket Council (ICC) in brief
• International Cricket Council is the governing body for cricket worldwide.
• ICC organizes cricket in three formats at the international level - Test matches, One-Day Internationals (ODI) and Twenty20 Internationals.
• It is also responsible for the staging of all ICC Events.
• ICC Player Rankings falls under the purview of ICC which gives performances of international cricket players who are ranked using points based system on a scale of 0 to 1000 points.