Weekly Current Affairs Quiz: 10 June to 16 June 2019
10 June to 16 June 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease. The week's updated quizzes cover the topics like ICC World Cup 2019, new leader of Rajya Sabha and International Yoga Day among others.
1. The Indian Medical Association declared All India Protest Day on June 14 after doctors of this state went on strike demanding adequate security.
a) Uttar Pradesh
b) West Bengal
c) Madhya Pradesh
2. India‘s 2019 cricket world cup match against this nation was abandoned due to rain.
a) South Africa
c) New Zealand
3. Which Indian cricketer became the 4th batsman in the world to hit 2000 ODI runs against Australia during India vs Australia world cup match on June 9?
a) Virat Kohli
b) Rohit Sharma
c) Shikhar Dhawan
d) MS Dhoni
4. Which cricketer announced his retirement from international cricket on June 10?
a) MS Dhoni
b) Rohit Sharma
c) Yuvraj Singh
d) Shikhar Dhawan
5. What is the name of IAF aircraft which was crashed in Arunachal Pradesh and all 13 people on board declared dead?
6. Which cricketer has been flown in as a cover for injured Shikhar Dhawan?
a) Ajynkya Rahane
b) Rishabh Pant
c) Prithvi Shaw
d) Shreyas Iyer
7. Who has been appointed as the new leader of Rajya Sabha?
a) Thawarchand Gehlot
b) Amit Shah
c) Smriti Irani
d) Rajnath Singh
8. Which world leader became the first to visit Sri Lanka after the Eater serial bombings that left over 250 dead?
a) Justin Trudeau
b) Vladimir Putin
c) Narendra Modi
d) Sheikh Hasina
9. Who has been appointed as the deputy leader of BJP in the Lok Sabha?
a) Amit Shah
b) Piyush Goyal
c) Thawarchand Gehlot
d) Rajnath Singh
10. Where would be main event of International Yoga Day will be organised in country by Government of India?
1. (b) West Bengal
Doctors across West Bengal are on strike after two of their colleagues were attacked and seriously injured at the NRS Medical College and Hospital in Kolkata by a mob following the death of a patient. The Indian Medical Association declared All India Protest Day against the incident and expressed solidarity with the striking doctors.
2. (c) New Zealand
India’s match against New Zealand, Match 18 of the ICC World Cup 2019 got called off after rain affected play. The match was abandoned without a single ball bowled. The two teams shared one point each.
3. (b) Rohit Sharma
During his 57-run innings in India vs Australia, World Cup 2019 match, Rohit Sharma became the fourth batsman in world cricket to hit 2,000 ODI runs against Australia. The other three players to have made more than 2000 ODI runs against Australia include Sachin Tendulkar, Desmond Haynes and Viv Richards.
4. (c) Yuvraj Singh
Yuvraj Singh, 2011 World Cup hero and one of India’s most celebrated cricketers has announced his retirement from international cricket, bringing an end to his illustrious cricketing career with immediate effect.
5. (c) AN-32
All 13 people on board the AN-32 aircraft which crashed in Arunachal Pradesh are dead, the IAF said after a team of rescuers searched the wreckage of the plane in a heavily forested mountainous terrain.
6. (b) Rishabh Pant
Rishabh Pant, the young Indian wicketkeeper-batsman who was initially left out from the 15-member World Cup squad, is being flown in as a cover for injured Indian opener Shikhar Dhawan.
7. (a) Thawarchand Gehlot
Thawarchand Gehlot, the Union Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment, has been appointed as the new leader of Rajya Sabha. The position was previously occupied by senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley under the first Narendra Modi-led government.
8. (c) Narendra Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi became the first world leader to visit Sri Lanka after the serial bombings on Easter that left more than 250 dead. PM Modi was received by Sri Lankan counterpart Ranil Wickremesinghe at the airport.
9. (d) Rajnath Singh
The BJP has constituted its Parliamentary Party Executive Committee with Prime Minister Narendra Modi as the leader of the party and Defence Minister Rajnath Singh as Deputy leader of the party in the Lok Sabha.
10. (a) Ranchi
Jharkhand capital Ranchi will be the venue for the main event for International Yoga Day on June 21 and Prime Minister Narendra Modi will attended it. The event will be held at the Prabhat Tara ground and around 30,000 people are expected to participate in it.