Weekly Current Affairs Quiz: 16 September to 22 September 2019
16 September to 22 September 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease. The week's updated quizzes cover the topics like Howdy Modi event, International Day of Peace, Corporate Tax changes among others.
1. PM Narendra Modi addressed the Howdy Modi event along with US President Donald Trump in which city?
a) New York
c) Las Vegas
2. What is the new income tax rate prescribed for the new domestic manufacturing companies?
3. When is the International Day of Peace observed every year globally?
a) 21st September
b) 22nd September
c) 23rd September
d) 24th September
4. Who won the Best Actress Award at IIFA Awards 2019?
a) Sara Ali Khan
b) Katrina Kaif
c) Alia Bhatt
d) Deepika Padukone
5. Which State launched the ‘Tatpar’ mobile app?
d) Uttar Pradesh
6. Which of the following Indian documentaries has been nominated for the Oscars?
a) Roar of the Lion
b) Wild Karnataka
c) Moti Bagh
d) Lady Tiger
7. EPFO would be crediting how much interest for the year 2018-19 in 6 crore accounts?
8. Who issued the following statement-“PoK is a part of India”?
a) Rajnath Singh
b) Amit Shah
c) S Jaishankar
d) Narendra Modi
9. Which country announced to press for dropping Sudan off the US blacklist of state sponsors of terrorism?
c) United Kingdom
10. Who was appointed as the first Lokayukta of Andhra Pradesh?
a) Justice A Goswami
b) Justice Ram Rao
c) Justice P Lakshman Reddy
d) Justice S D Manirattnam
1. (b) Houston
PM Narendra Modi addressed the 'Howdy, Modi! Shared Dreams, Bright Futures’ event in Houston along with the US President Donald Trump. Trump is the first US President to attend an Indian-American Community event.
2. (c) 15
To attract more investment in manufacturing sector, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced a new provision in the Income Tax Act, 1961 that will allow any new domestic company making fresh investment in manufacturing to pay income tax of 15 percent.
3. (a) 21st September
The International Day of Peace is observed globally every year on 21st September with an aim to promote peace globally. The 2019 theme of the International Day of Peace is "Climate Action for Peace".
4. (c) Alia Bhatt
Alia Bhatt has won Best Actress Award in IIFA Awards 2019 for film Raazi. This film was based on a story of an Indian female spy. Vicky Kaushal was male supporting actor in this movie. It was directed by Meghna Gulzar.
5. (a) Delhi
Delhi Police recently launched ‘Tatpar’ mobile application offering over 50 services. The app offers services launched by Delhi Police such as e-FIR, lost and found, Himmat Plus etc.
6. (c) Moti Bagh
Moti Bagh documentary has been nominated for the Oscars. It is based on the life of an Uttarakhand farmer Vidyadutt and has been directed by Nirmal Chander.
7. (a) 8.65%
Employees' Provident Fund Organisation would credit 8.65 per cent of interest to over 6 crore subscribers for 2018-19. The announcement regarding this was made by Labour Minister Santosh Gangwar.
8. (c) S Jaishankar
Union External Affairs Minister, S Jaishankar recently stated that the PoK is and has always been a part of India and also said that India expects to have physical jurisdiction over the area one day.
9. (b) France
France announced to press for dropping Sudan off the US blacklist of state sponsors of terrorism. The announcement was made by the French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian.
10. (c) Justice P Lakshman Reddy
Justice P Lakshman Reddy was sworn in as the first Lokayukta of the Andhra Pradesh for the next five years. He is the first Lokayukta to be assuming charge since the state bifurcated in 2014.