Weekly Current Affairs Quiz: 20 May to 26 May 2019
20 May to 26 May 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease. The week's updated quizzes cover the topics like Lok Sabha Election Results 2019, ICC World Cup 2019 and Google-Huawei case among others.
1. Which seat of Uttar Pradesh was not won by the Bhartiya Janata Party in Lok Sabha Elections 2019?
2. In Lok Sabha Election 2019 results which candidate has won from Begusarai Lok Sabha constituency?
a) Gopal Jee Yadav
b) Ravi Shankar Prasad
c) Giriraj Singh
d) Dinesh Chandra Yadav
3. The ICC World Cup 2019 will begin in England and Wales on which among the following dates?
a) May 31
b) May 30
c) June 2
d) June 1
4. The BJP has won how many seats in West Bengal Lok Sabha Elections 2019?
5. Who will be sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh on May 30?
a) Jagan Mohan Reddy
b) Chandrababu Naidu
c) MK Stalin
d) K Chandrashekhar Rao
6. Google announced suspension of its services with which technology giant?
7. What is the name of farthest place in universe where NASA’s spacecraft has recently found evidence of water?
a) Webar Galaxy
b) Giant Gracia
c) Wire Gross
d) Ultima Thule
8. India recently delivered a pair of Mi-24 attack helicopters to which country?
a) Sri Lanka
1. (b) Rampur
Samajwadi Party candidate Azam Khan won in Rampur constituency of Uttar Pradesh against Bollywood actress and BJP candidate Jaya Prada. The BJP won a total of 62 seats in Uttar Pradesh.
2. (c) Giriraj Singh
BJP candidate Giriraj Singh won from Begusarai Lok Sabha constituency. He has defeated Kanhaiya Kumar by more than 4.22 lakh votes.
3. (b) May 30
The ICC World Cup 2019 will begin in England and Wales from May 30, 2019. The first match will be held between England and South Africa.
4. (c) 18
The BJP has won a whopping 18 seats in West Bengal in Lok Sabha Elections 2019, while the TMC has won 22 seats, down from its previous 34 in Lok Sabha Elections 2014.
5. (a) Jagan Mohan Reddy
YSR Congress Chief Jagan Mohan Reddy will be sworn in as the new chief minister of Andhra Pradesh on May 30, 2019 at Vijayawada. The YSR Congress trumped over Naidu’s TDP by winning 151 out of the total 175 seats. The TDP has been reduced to just 23 seats in these assembly elections.
6. (a) Huawei
Google has suspended all business with Huawei that requires the transfer of hardware, software and technical services and cancelled its Android license.
7. (d) Ultima Thule
NASA has recently discovered evidences of water, ice and organic molecules on Ultima Thule's surface, farthest place in universe. NASA has published the first profile of Ultima Thule revealing details about the complex space object.
8. (b) Afghanistan
Vinay Kumar, Indian Ambassador to Afghanistan, handed over Mi-24 attack helicopters to Acting Defence Minister Asadullah Khalid at the Kabul Air Force base, Afghanistan.