Current Affairs in Short: 06 November 2019
A Guinness World Record for the largest astrophysics lesson (45 minutes) and assembly of spectroscopes was successfully achieved at IISF 2019.
Kolkata students create Guinness World Record
• On the first day of India International Science Festival (IISF), 2019 the Guinness World Record for the largest astrophysics lesson (45 minutes) and assembly of spectroscopes was successfully achieved.
• About 1598 students participated in the effort. This year’s theme is - RISEN India –Research, Innovation and Science Empowering the Nation.
• Spectroscopes are generally used by the astronomers to know details like chemical composition, temperature etc. of celestial objects millions of light-years away from the earth.
DRDO’s Igniter Complex at HEMRL, Pune
• Defence Research & Development Organisation’s (DRDO) Igniter complex was recently inaugurated at the High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL) in Pune.
• This ignition centre consists of various facilities like Planetary Mixer, Pelleting Machine, Granulating Machine and Sieve Shaker.
• The ignition process is the utmost and highly critical phase in the ignition chain of Rocket motor.
ICAR Report: 12.01% less stubble burning cases than 2018
• As per the ICAR’s Creams Laboratory bulletin 12% of less stubble burning cases were reported this year than in 2018.
• The report said that there were 31402 stubble burning cases were reported in 3 states – Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Punjab.
• Supreme Court said that it is the time to punish those officers who failed to implement the regulations issued by the Supreme Court.
ISS receives 12 bottles of red wine for an experiment
• As per the media reports, a dozen bottles of French wine have been sent to the International Space Centre (ISS) for scientific research.
• This wine will be aged for one year to find out weightlessness and space radiation affects the ageing process.
• The Cygnus capsule also contained pieces of carbon fibre used by Lamborghini sports car and over for baking chocolate chip cookies.
Rs. 5 Cr fine on Mehsana Urban Co-operative Bank
• The reserve bank of India has imposed a penalty of Rs. 5 cr on Gujarat based Mehsana Urban Co-operative Bank for violating rules.
• It was said in RBI’s notice that loans and advances were sanctioned to the directors, relatives and firms/concerns in which they are interested.
• RBI found that Master Directions on 'Know Your Customer (KYC) were not followed by the Mehsana Urban Co-operative Bank.