2 January 2018: The one liner of 2 January covers important current happenings that are relevant to competitive exams. The day’s one liners cover important happenings like new PM of Mali, 171st Araadhanai Music Festival and first-time introduction of VAT in Gulf among others.
• This Indian state has been declared as a disturbed area till June 2018 - Nagaland
• This state hosted the 171st Araadhanai Music Festival - Tamil Nadu
• These two nations have become the first in Gulf to introduce VAT - UAE and Saudi Arabia
• This state has become the second one in the North East to be declared Open Defecation free - Arunachal Pradesh
• This Prominent poet, who translated the Bhagwad Geeta into Urdu, passed away at the age of 71 on 2 January 2018 - Anwar Jalalpuri
• This state has received the approval for purchase of electric vehicles under the FAME India Scheme - Karnataka
• Person appointed as the Prime Minister of Mali - Soumeylou Boubeye Maiga
• This state published the first draft of National Register of Citizens with 1.9 crore names - Assam
• Person appointed as the Director General of Police of Uttar Pradesh recently - Om Prakash Singh
• Person appointed as President of the Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR) - Vinay Sahasrabuddhe
• Indian origin scientist honoured with Damehood by Queen Elizabeth - Pratibha Laxman Gai
• This country recently confirmed its withdrawal from UNESCO following the withdrawal of US - Israel
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.