Current Affairs Quiz: 1 November 2021
The Current Affairs questions and answers of the day cover topics such as Mission Clean, COP-26, Asgar Afghan and Japan's Parliamentary Elections among others.
Current Affairs Quiz 29 October 2021: The Current Affairs Quiz section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise Curent Affairs of the day at ease. The Current Affairs questions and answers of the day cover topics such as Mission Clean, COP-26, Asgar Afghan and Japan's Parliamentary Elections among others.
1. Which state's chief minister has launched Mission Clean to curb illegal sand mining and liquor trade?
d) Uttar Pradesh
2. Which country will host Conference of Parties (COP-26) on climate change?
3. Delhi schools reopened for the first time after the outbreak of COVID-19 on which day?
a) October 25th
b) November 1st
c) October 30th
d) October 27th
4. Which party retained its absolute majority in Japan's Parliamentary Elections?
a) Liberal Democratic Party
b) Japan Innovation Party
c) Constitutional Democratic Party of Japan
d) Democratic Party for the People
5. India is placed at which position in the Group 2 points table after its match with New Zealand in the T20 World Cup 2021?
6. Asgar Afghan has announced retirement from all forms of cricket. He played for which country's national cricket team?
7. Who among the following has agreed to spend $6 billion to solve world hunger if the UN shares a spending plan?
a) Jeff Bezos
b) Bill Gates
c) Elon Musk
d) Mark Zuckerberg
1. (b) Punjab
Punjab Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi announced ‘Mission Clean’ in a meeting on October 31, 2021, held with all the Deputy Commissioners and the Senior Superintendents of Police (SSPs) of the state.
2. (a) UK
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is scheduled to participate in the 26th session of the Conference of Parties (COP-26) on climate change in Glasgow, United Kingdom on November 1, 2021.
3. (b) November 1st
All Delhi schools reopened on November 1, 2021 for all classes with 50 percent capacity, as per Deputy Delhi Chief Minister Manish Sisodia's announcement on October 28, 2021. The schools will have to ensure that the classes take place in hybrid mode.
4. (a) Liberal Democratic Party
Japan's ruling coalition led by Liberal Democratic Party won an absolute majority in the recent Parliamentary elections held on October 31, 2021. The Liberal Democratic Party led by Fumio Kishida, who is also the current Japanese Prime Minister, won 261 seats, well above the majority number of 233 in the 465-member lower house of Japan's Parliament. The party along with its junior coalition partner has 293 seats, which is lesser than the 305 seats held by them previously.
5. (d) 5th
Team India is currently placed at fifth place, second to the bottom in the Super 12 Group 2 points table of T20 World Cup 2021 with two massive defeats against Pakistan and New Zealand.
6. (d) Afghanistan
Former skipper of Afghanistan Cricket Team Asgar Afghan has announced retirement from all forms of cricket. He played his last match for Afghanistan on October 31, 2021, against Namibia in the ongoing T20 World Cup 2021.
7. (c) Elon Musk
SpaceX and Tesla CEO Elon Musk on October 31, 2021, said that he is willing to sell some Tesla stocks if the World Food Programme (WFP) shares a plan on how 2 percent of total wealth which is $6 billion could solve world hunger.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS