Current Affairs Quiz: 13 January 2021
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as New Foreign Trade Policy, Ebola vaccine stockpile and State Sponsor of Terrorism among others.
13 January 2021: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as New Foreign Trade Policy, Ebola vaccine stockpile and State Sponsor of Terrorism among others.
1. The New Foreign Trade Policy will come into effect from which date?
a) March 31st
b) April 1st
c) March 1st
d) February 1st
2. The global stockpile of the Ebola vaccine is being created in which nation?
3. Bharat Biotech has signed an agreement with which nation’s company for the supply of Covaxin?
4. The United States has re-designated which nation as a State Sponsor of Terrorism?
5. The Union Cabinet has approved an MoU to enhance scientific and technical cooperation between India and which nation’s Meteorology centre?
a) Saudi Arabia
6. Which nation’s military contingent will take part in India’s Republic Day Parade 2021?
7. Which state has waived off the examination fees for matriculation students of the ongoing academic session?
a) Madhya Pradesh
d) Andhra Pradesh
1. (b) April 1st
The New Foreign Trade Policy 2021-26 will be brought into effect from April 1, 2021. This was decided during the meeting of the Parliamentary Consultative Committee of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
2. (c) Switzerland
The global stockpile of Ebola vaccines is being created in Switzerland. The vaccines are ready to be shipped to countries for emergency response. The stockpile is being created by four leading international health and humanitarian organisations-WHO, UNICEF, Doctors Without Borders and International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) to contain future outbreaks.
3. (a) Brazil
Bharat Biotech has signed an agreement with Brazil’s Precisa Medicamentos for the supply of COVAXIN. The agreement follows a visit by a team from Precisa Medicamentos to Bharat Biotech's facility last week to discuss potential export possibilities of the vaccine.
4. (d) Cuba
The United States on January 11, 2021 re-designated Cuba as a State Sponsor of Terrorism for frequently providing support for the acts of international terrorism in granting safe harbor to the terrorists.
5. (b) UAE
The Union Cabinet chaired by PM Narendra Modi approved the Memorandum of Understanding on the scientific and technical cooperation between the Ministry of Earth Sciences, India and the National Centre of Meteorology, UAE.
6. (d) Bangladesh
A 122 member Bangladesh armed forces contingent will be participating in India’s Republic Day parade on January 26, 2021. This is only the third time in India’s history that any foreign military contingent has been invited to participate in the National Parade at Rajpath. It is significant as 2021 marks 50 years of the Bangladesh Liberation War.
7. (b) Odisha
Odisha has waived the examination fees for matriculation students of the ongoing academic session. Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik ordered the waiver in the larger interest of the students.