Current Affairs Quiz: 2 June 2021
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as new NHRC Chairman, ICC Men's ODI World Cup 2027 and new hybrid variant of COVID-19 among others.
2 June 2021: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as new NHRC Chairman, ICC Men's ODI World Cup 2027 and new hybrid variant of COVID-19 among others.
1. Who has taken charge as the new Chairman of the National Human Rights Commission?
a) Arun Kumar Mishra
b) AK Sikri
c) MB Lokur
d) Indu Malhotra
2. Union Cabinet on June 2, 2021 approved MoC between India and which nation in sustainable urban development?
3. Cabinet has approved MoU between India and which nation for cooperation in Mineral Resources sector?
4. Which nation has reported a new hybrid variant of COVID-19?
5. Which vaccine has become the 8th vaccine to receive WHO Emergency Use Listing on June 1, 2021?
6. ICC Men's Men's ODI World Cup 2027 will have how many teams?
7. The Men's T20 World Cup will include how many teams from 2024?
1. (a) Arun Kumar Mishra
Retired Justice Arun Kumar Mishra took charge as the new chairman of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) in New Delhi on June 2, 2021. Justice Arun Mishra had retired as Supreme Court Judge in September 2020.
2. (c) Japan
The Union Cabinet chaired by PM Modi has given its approval to the signing of the Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) on Sustainable Urban Development between India and Japan.
3. (b) Argentina
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on June 2, 2021 approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) that will be signed between the Union Ministry of Mines and the Secretariat of Mining Policy of the Ministry of Productive Development of the Argentine Republic.
4. (d) Vietnam
Vietnamese authorities informed on May 29, 2021 that they have discovered a very dangerous variant of COVID-19 that has combined mutations first found in India and the UK and is spreading very quickly by air.
5. (b) SINOVAC
The World Health Organisation on June 1, 2021, gave its approval to the Chinese COVID-19 vaccine SINOVAC for emergency use. This makes SINOVAC the 8th vaccine to receive the Emergency Use Listing from WHO. The vaccine has been produced by the Chinese Pharmaceutical Company Sinovac Biotech.
6. (c) 14
The International Cricket Council (ICC) Board confirmed on June 1, 2021 that the Men's ODI World Cup in 2027 and 2031 will be a 14-team event.
7. (d) 20
The International Cricket Council (ICC) Board informed that the Men's T20 World Cup will now be expanded to include 20 teams and will have 55 matches in 2024, 2026, 2028 and 2030.