Current Affairs Quiz: 2 March 2021
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Centre of Excellence in gaming, ICC Men's Player of the Month award and Desert Flag exercise among others.
2 March 2021: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Centre of Excellence in gaming, ICC Men's Player of the Month award and Desert Flag exercise among others.
1. Which Indian cricketer has become the first one to have 100 million followers on Instagram?
a) MS Dhoni
b) Sachin Tendulkar
c) Virat Kohli
d) Rohit Sharma
2. Which nation is hosting the multinational exercise 'Desert Flag'?
a) Saudi Arabia
3. The central government will be forming a Centre of Excellence in gaming and other related areas in collaboration with which Institute?
a) IIT Kanpur
b) IIT Delhi
c) IIT Bombay
d) IIT Madras
4. India has decided to provide 1 lakh HCQ tablets, 1,000 metric tonnes rice to which country?
5. Which Indian cricketer has been nominated for ICC Men's Player of the Month award for February?
a) Ishant Sharma
b) Rishab Pant
c) Virat Kohli
d) R Ashwin
6. Which bank has committed 11 crores to support the Indian Government's COVID-19 vaccination drive?
7. Researchers recently discovered fossils of Dinosaurs that lived 140 million years ago in which nation?
1. (c) Virat Kohli
Indian skipper Virat Kohli became the first cricketer to hit 100 million followers on photo and video sharing social networking platform Instagram on March 1, 2021. With this, the cricketer joined the 100 million club, which includes names of some of the esteemed global celebrities including Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, Beyonce, Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson and Ariana Grande.
2. (b) UAE
The United Arab Emirates will be hosting the multinational exercise Desert Flag, which will involve ten countries including the United States (US), France, South Korea, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain. Six Su-30-MKI fighters and two C-17s from the Indian Air Force will join the exercise.
3. (c) IIT Bombay
The Information and Broadcasting Ministry in collaboration with IIT Bombay has decided to form a Centre of Excellence in gaming and other related areas. The Centre will promote games created in India that promote Indian values, heritage and cultural ethos.
4. (b) Madagascar
The Indian Government on March 1, 2021 announced that it will send a consignment comprising 1 lakh tablets of Hydroxychloroquine and 1,000 metric tonnes of rice to drought-hit Madagascar in East Africa.
5. (d) R Ashwin
Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin has been nominated for the International Cricket Council (ICC) men's Player of the Month (February) award. England skipper Joe Root and West Indies all-rounder Kyle Mayers have also been nominated alonside Ashwin for the award. India wicket-keeper Rishabh Pant had won the men's award in January, while the women's award went to South Africa's Shabnim Ismail.
6. (a) SBI
The State Bank of India (SBI) has decided to contribute Rs 11 crores to the PM CARES, Fund. The move aims to support the next phase of the government’s COVID-19 vaccination drive.
7. (c) Argentina
Researchers on March 1, 2021 announced the discovery of fossils of Dinosaurs that lived 140 million years ago in Argentina. The incomplete skeletal remains of the dinosaur were discovered south of Neuquen city in Argentina.