Current Affairs Quiz: 22 April 2021
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as West Bengal Elections 2021, Covisheild pricing and Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package among others.
22 April 2021: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as West Bengal Elections 2021, Covisheild pricing and Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package among others.
1. How many constituencies went to polls in the sixth phase of West Bengal Elections 2021?
2. Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package for 'Corona Warriors' has been extended for how long?
a) One year
b) Two years
c) Six Months
d) Three Months
3. How much will Covisheild cost at state government hospitals?
a) Rs 500
b) Rs 400
c) Rs 600
d) Rs 300
4. Who has become first Indian-American Associate Attorney General of the United States?
a) Neera Tanden
b) Vivek Murthy
c) Nikki Haily
d) Vanita Gupta
5. Which state government has released first installment worth Rs 672 crores under Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme for students?
a) Andhra Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
6. Indian Mountaineer Priyanka Mohite has become the first Indian woman to scale which peak?
c) Mount Everest
d) Mt Annapurna
7. When is Earth day observed?
a) April 21st
b) April 22nd
c) April 23rd
d) April 25th
8. India finished at which position at the Asian Wrestling Championship 2021?
1. (a) 43
The voting has begun for the sixth phase of West Bengal Assembly Elections 2021. The polling began at 7 am and will conclude at 6 pm. Under this phase, 43 constituencies across four districts of the state have gone to polls and there are as many as 306 candidates including 27 women in the fray.
2. (a) One Year
The Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package scheme has been extended for one year with effect from April 20, informed Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan on April 20, 2021.
3. (b) Rs 400
The Serum Institute of India has priced its Covishield vaccine for Rs 400 per dose for state hospitals and Rs 600 per dose for private hospitals.
4. (d) Vanita Gupta
The United States Senate on April 21, 2021, confirmed Vanita Gupta to serve as the Associate Attorney General of the US. She will be the first Indian-American to serve in this
5. (a) Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy on April 19, 2021 released the first installment worth Rs 672 crores under the Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme for the year 2021-22. A total of 10.88 lakh students will benefit from this.
6. (d) Mt Annapurna.
Mountaineer Priyanka Mohite on April 16, 2021, became the first woman from India to scale the tenth highest mountain in the world, Mt Annapurna.
7. (b) April 22nd
Earth Day is observed annually on April 22nd. The day aims to garmer support for environmental protection.
8. (b) Third
India finished third at the Asian Wrestling Championship 2021 with 14 medals, including 5 gold, 3 silver and 6 bronze medals. Iran and Kazakhstan tied for the first place with 17 medals each.