Current Affairs Quiz: 6 May 2021
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as online oxygen refilling, MK Stalin oath-taking ceremony and S&P Global Ratings revised forecast for India's GDP growth among others.
6 May 2021: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as online oxygen refilling, MK Stalin oath-taking ceremony and S&P Global Ratings revised forecast for India's GDP growth among others.
1. Former Lok Sabha MP and Union Minister Ajit Singh passed away in the morning on May 6, 2021 at the age of 86. He was the chief of which among the following parties?
2. When will MK Stalin be sworn in as Tamil Nadu Chief Minister?
a) May 10th
b) May 9th
c) May 8th
d) May 7th
3. Which state has launched an online portal to provide oxygen for home isolation?
4. The Australian contingent in the IPL 2021 has been flown to which nation till the time Australia lifts the travel ban from India?
a) Sri Lanka
5. The world’s oldest person belongs to which nation?
a) The Philippines
6. The oldest human burial site has been discovered in which country?
7. S&P Global Ratings have revised India's growth forecast to how much in the Fiscal Year 2021-22?
a) 10.7 percent
b) 9.8 percent
c) 8.7 percent
d) 7.6 percent
8. China has indefinitely suspended strategic economic dialogue with which nation?
d) New Zealand
1. (a) RLD
Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) President and former Union Minister Ajit Singh passed away in the morning on May 6, 2021. He was 86. He had tested positive for COVID-19 on April 20th and was being treated at a private hospital in Guguram. As per reports, his condition deteriorated on May 5th due to a lung infection.
2. (d) May 7th
DMK president MK Stalin will be sworn in as the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu for the first-ever time on May 7, 2021. The oath-taking ceremony will begin at 9 am at Raj Bhavan in Chennai.
3. (a) Delhi
The Delhi Government informed on May 6, 2021 that all people requiring oxygen for home isolation can apply on Delhi Government's portal and their requests will be processed on top priority.
4. (d) The Maldives
The entire Australian contingent in IPL 2021 including players, coaches, match officials and commentators are being safely transported to the Maldives, where they will remain till the travel ban is lifted on flights from India to Australia. Cricket Australia and the Australian Cricketers' Association is not seeking an exemption from the Australian Government.
5. (c) Japan
Kane Tanaka, a 118-year-old Japanese woman, is the world's oldest person. She was initially supposed to participate in the Olympic Torch Relay in Fukuoka in Southern Japan on May 11 but has pulled out due to safety concerns amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
6. (a) Kenya
Archaeologists have discovered the oldest human burial in Africa that dates back to 78,000 years at a cave site called Panga ya Saidi near the Kenyan coast. The remains belong to a 2-3 years old toddler who looks to have been laid to rest with a pillow.
7. (b) 9.8 percent
S&P Global Ratings on May 5, 2021 revised India’s GDP growth forecast for FY 2021-22 from a previously forecasted 11 percent to 9.8 percent stating that the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic may derail India’s budding recovery and credit conditions.
8. (c) Australia
China on May 6, 2021 "indefinitely" suspended all activity under a China-Australia Strategic Economic Dialogue. This is the latest setback for strained relations between the two countries.