Current Affairs Quiz: 9 April 2021
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Prince Philip death, Chhattisgarh Veerni Award and new Vietnam President among others.
9 April 2021: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Prince Philip death, Chhattisgarh Veerni Award and new Vietnam President among others.
1. Britain's Prince Philip passed away on April 9, 2021. How old was His Royal Highness?
a) 99 years
b) 96 years
c) 98 years
d) 97 years
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi held a virtual summit with which nation's Prime Minister on April 9, 2021?
3. Who among the following has been selected for the Chhattisgarh Veerni Award?
a) Hima Das
b) Dutee Chand
c) Saina Nehwal
d) Mary Kom
4. Which finance institution will periodically publish a Financial Inclusion Index?
c) Exim Bank
5. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh held talks with which nation's Defence Minister on April 9, 2021?
6. Vjosa Osmani-Sadriu was sworn in as the second Female President of which Balkan nation?
7. Who is the new President of Vietnam?
a) Pham Minh Chinh
b) Nguyen Xuan Phuc
c) Nguyen Khac Giang
d) Hun Minh Chinh
8. In a latest discovery, a group of ESA Astronomers have discovered how many new quasars?
1. (a) 99 years
Britain's Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh passed away at the age of 99 years on April 9, 2021. Prince Philip was the longest-serving royal consort in British history, being by his wife's side throughout her 69-year reign.
2. (d) Netherlands
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi held a virtual summit with Netherlands Prime Minister Mark Rutte on April 9, 2021. The two leaders discussed in detail regarding bilateral cooperation and new ways to strengthen the relationship between the two nations.
3. (b) Dutee Chand
Dutee Chand will be honoured with the Chhattisgarh Veerni Award at the inaugural edition of the awards that is scheduled to be held on April 14, 2021.
4. (d) RBI
The Reserve Bank of India will be constructing and periodically publishing a "Financial Inclusion Index". The index will measure the extent of financial inclusion in the country. It will be published annually in the month of July.
5. (c) Kazakhstan
The Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh held bilateral talks with the Defence Minister of Kazakhstan Lieutenant General Nurlan Yermekbayev on April 9, 2021.
6. (d) Kosovo
Vjosa Osmani-Sadriu was sworn in as post-war Kosovo's second Female President and seventh overall on April 4, 2021. She was sworn in for a five-year term period.
7. (b) Nguyen Xuan Phuc
The Vietnam National Assembly on April 5, 2021, voted to make Pham Minh Chinh the next Prime Minister of Vietnam. The outgoing Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has been appointed as the new President of the country.
8. (a) 12
A group of astronomers at the European Space Agency have discovered 12 new quasars that have been warped by a naturally occurring cosmic ‘lens’ and split into four similar images.