Haryana Finance Minister presented a Deficit Budget for Fiscal Year 2012-13
India Current Affairs 2012. Haryana Finance Minister H S Chatha on 5 March 2012 presented a 610.46 crore rupees deficit budget for fiscal year 2012-13
Haryana Finance Minister H S Chatha on 5 March 2012 presented a 610.46 crore rupees deficit budget for fiscal year 2012-13. The minister tabled the budget in the state legislative assembly.
As per the budget proposals the total receipts (net of public debt) forecast for the year 2012-13 is 44708.47 crore rupees whereas the total expenditure (excluding repayments) are projected to be 45318.93 crore rupees leaving a deficit of 610.46 crore rupees.
Major provisions under Haryana Budget 2012-13:
• The Annual Plan allocation for 2012-13 fixed at 14500 crore rupees
• The social services sector with an allocation of 7726 crore rupees got the highest amount of fund
• 1684 crore rupees earmarked for social justice & empowerment
• 2965 crore rupees kept for education including technical education and skill development
• Health services including medical education got 566.55 crore rupees
• 780 crore rupees proposed for augmenting the drinking water supply and improving sanitation
• 1966.89 crore rupees allocated for the irrigation
• 4080.42 crore rupees earmarked for roads and transport sector
• 1761 crore rupees allocated for urban development
• 5237.72 crore rupees allocated for the power sector